Recent content by Alexanderc

1. Alexanderc

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

I have played that video for every music appreciation I have ever taught!
  2. Alexanderc

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Thanks for this Rick! Just to clarify my vote for “multiple,” I have a 5.1 (used to have 7.1, could do so again soon) and a 2.1. I consider both equally important, although I probably use the 5.1 twice as often. I’m actually more interested in reviews of stereo gear.
  3. Alexanderc

Basic Introduction to Room Acoustics video by Geoff Martin from B&O

I no longer have a dedicated listening room, just a family media room now with a 5.1 setup. I had forgotten about this video, but now that you've reminded me I'll have to try it in my current setup. Thanks! EDIT: I forgot to mention that I do have a low budget office system, but I have not...
  4. Alexanderc

Basic Introduction to Room Acoustics video by Geoff Martin from B&O

I was never able to discover what was happening. I don’t have that system (or the room it was in) anymore so I can’t revisit the issue either. I would love to know if you find out anything.
  5. Alexanderc

A mini challenge to the forumers here...

Starting with this… “I just want people to have an understanding of why many jargons and terms were created (many created long time ago). So, just want to throw out a mini challenge to all.” And then jumping to this… “So, how are you going to actually doing what you are doing right now? How...
  6. Alexanderc

Best AVR for music up to $2000

You’re best option is probably something recent from Denon’s 4xxx or 3xxx series. I searched for AVRs on this site and copied the link below. There are links to the individual reviews from there. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Reviews/
  7. Alexanderc

What is a nice tea to drink?

I heard that it could be more bitter that way, but since this is a science forum….
  8. Alexanderc

Choral Music: Best sounding recordings

I’m a big fan of the Robert Shaw recordings on Telarc. Mostly I’m just responding so I get notified of future posts on this thread.
  9. Alexanderc

What is a nice tea to drink?

I’m pretty new to tea and haven’t tried anything fancy yet, but one burning question: do you squeeze the liquid out of the tea bag into your cup before discarding? (Edited for clarity)
  10. Alexanderc

Revel Performa3 F206 v Monitor Audio Silver 500 v KEF R7

I suppose “huge” is relative. The c208 is about 75% bigger than my subwoofer. :)
  11. Alexanderc

Revel Performa3 F206 v Monitor Audio Silver 500 v KEF R7

If you’re looking for a matching center, it might be worth noting that Revel’s only 3-way center in that line is huge and expensive.
  12. Alexanderc

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

I’m pretty sure only the M33 has it built in.
  13. Alexanderc

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

Alternatives include NAD C399, upcoming NAD C389, NAD C658 + amp of your choice, minidsp shd + amp of your choice, or the Anthem STR integrated. All of these will be less expensive but have some trade offs. If I had the funds and wasn’t using a sub, I’d go with the M33.
  14. Alexanderc

Anyone see this train wreck in Stereophile?

The irony of this makes me chuckle. If you like the speakers, great! That’s fabulous and I wish you many happy hours of listening to the speakers you love. But if you come to a science and engineering focused forum and criticize the members for paying attention to science and engineering, you...
  15. Alexanderc

Tower speaker recommendations under €1500

Could a person in Europe get KEF r5 or r7 for under 1500€? Maybe q950 or q750?
Top Bottom