Recent content by aleksander

1. A

HD58X frequency response investigation

But there is no brick wall beyond 14k
  2. A

New JBL 1 Series Monitors

Where will I be able to find FR measurements of this speaker?
  3. A

Can amplifier speed and resolution be measured?

By discerning ears do they mean blind test or sighted test? Are they trusting their ears or trusting their eyes?
  4. A

Equalized HD700 vs HD800

Is it due to the limit of headphone measurement, limit in EQ, or something else? How much of the so called speed of the driver (can our ear resolve below 1ms?), resolution, sound stage, etc, are just FR?
  5. A

Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition vs Hifiman HE400

Why not 880? Not as bassy and peaky as 990. 400i's mid sounds thin and weird in comparison.
  6. A

Commonalities of the Modern-Day Snake Oil Salesman

Why should he care when other people scream "snake oil!", by his own logic?
  7. A

To all the Sennheiser / Beyerdynamic Headphone Fanatics out there ! I have a budget of 400€ ($) to invest ...

1990 has deeper earcup, two detachable cables, and two pairs of pads that sound different, I think it's a worthy upgrade to 880. I prefer the balance of 880/1990 over 600/6XX, still I need to eq down the treble peak at 7-8k using Solderdude's measurement. I tried to eq up HD600/6XX to sound...
  8. A

https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php reverse polarity test is the center/twisted button, not sure if it will cause your described symptom though
  9. A

Just send it to Solderdude, he is going above and beyond to help you out.
  10. A

At what frequency can you reliably hear? And does it change using different headphone? https://www.audiocheck.net/blindtests_frequency.php?frq=15
  11. A

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Would pairing this with JDS Atom better than most dac/amp combo such as E10k, DFB etc?
  12. A

Review and Measurements of Audirect Beam and AQ Dragonfly

Thank you for sacrificing your wallet so we don't have to. ;) So far, which one is the best of these thumb drive dac/amp you have tested? SMSL iDEA??
  13. A

Preview: Monolith by Monoprice Desktop THX Headphone Amp & DAC

Monoprice used to be good alternative to overpriced Monster cables, the hero has lived long enough to become the villain
Top Bottom