Recent content by alekksander

1. alekksander

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

great. now please integrate "five star" headphone amp with plug detection, volume memory per output, eq presets switchable by physical button or auto per output and good warranty. all this to compete with rme. oh, and the acceptable design, but you guys got this one for a time now (d30pro being...
  2. alekksander

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

quite interesting design, but the price is absurd
  3. alekksander

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

mainly milk steaks, but sometimes magnets. rarely ghouls. on more serious note: poll is great, but i'm truly surprised how many people feel need to speak about their system out of the blue. guys, this is a poll, nobody is going to note your audio system descriptions.
  4. alekksander

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

as usual, strong distortion results in hype in certain audiophile enthusiasts circles.
  5. alekksander

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

nice to see them reviewed finally! for me it's another pass – too much harman, not enough balance. just another shouty iem trying to impress listener.
  6. alekksander

KZ ZSX IEM Review

do You really think anyone openly shitting on a product (because of honesty, not sinister personality) will be ever contacted to review their stuff? reviewers are picked in the way to improve product opinion, not the opposite. 90% of reviewers (of any sort of product) will go lightly on the...
  7. alekksander

SMSL D400 Pro Balanced DAC Review

not my cup of tea, but seems they eventually improved visual design aspect
  8. alekksander

Nan-7 Planar Magnetic Headphone Review

mainly curiosity also people who still believe in magical encounters exists. lately i met one of them and was blessed with a words of wisdom: "audiophilia demands constant changes"
  9. alekksander

RME ADI-2 DAC FS - AKM Versus ESS Measurements (DAC, Preamp & Headamp)

done that, but 20% is still not enought for me. also rings could be slightly dimmed. probably have to change placement of the unit so it doesnt point at my face.
  10. alekksander

RME ADI-2 DAC FS - AKM Versus ESS Measurements (DAC, Preamp & Headamp)

excellent measurement raport. helped me with the decision. bought used AKM version cause it was available for reasonable price locally. nice device over all. not a big fan of it's display, but it's not that bad. wish auto dark mode leaves some sort of indicator that helps to recognize if the...
  11. alekksander

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

@simmconn very nice post, thanks for sharing it! and the conclusions as well. superb! does it depend of number of tries, or restricted to sample rate? could You show us some more examples of when does it happen and of what come out perfectly? personally i'm one step from getting this unit, but...
  12. alekksander

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Is it Your unit that is disassembled? Can i ask You do show me the volume knob pin? and maybe some measurements of vol knob?
  13. alekksander

MINIBOSS DAC For PI ZERO Review

not bad, but unless very specific housing i don't see a reason why one wouldn't prefer a regular „dongle dac”. similar price, likely better performance.
  14. alekksander

Moondrop LAN Review

yes i thought so too, but then… check first sound performance descriptions – the one with vertical fr. while this review is nice and colorful, i feel it's moving slightly towards "magical" side of audio – not only because it draws fr to the target noting it as flat (to the target, i guess the...
Top Bottom