Recent content by aldarrin

1. A

Moondrop Blessing 2 Review (IEM)

Do you still have a moondrop S8 on hand to review?
  2. A

Showing results of EQ

Personally, I'll like to see the EQ changes in Rune, RME ADI-2 Pro confirmed with amir's testing rigs (his speakers and headphone reviews). I love the measurements and EQ recommendations. But d also like to know how close to the target curve his EQ gets.
  3. A

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

The Adorama deal was for a slightly different model (HE6se V2). Same drivers but different suspension. They sold all of them so they aren't available. When they were in stock they'd sell for $1799 or $650 - $750 with a special link (that everyone seemed to have). Hopefully they become available...
  4. A

Abyss Diana V2 2nd Review (Headphone)

I think you forgot to add a "/s"
  5. A

Abyss Diana V2 2nd Review (Headphone)

I like these. Definitely needs EQ, but so does every other headphone. https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/audeze/penrose-wireless
  6. A

Cool. Sell your amp and connect all of your cans directly to your DAC; you've found the secret to winning the SINAD war. This is a thread about the HE6se, so this is a troll (look back at the thread for context if you're confused, but I'm done here).
  7. A

Nice troll. Not at all useful, but I'm sure you win points from the internet.
  8. A

There's a lot to unpack here, but I asked for info about how much power it takes to drive a HE6se. Also, you're DAC only puts out 2V probably because it's using RCA to connect to an amp. You need more than 2V to drive cans, that's what an amp is for. Lastly, calculators like that don't account...
  9. A

That checks out. That'll require more power. Also, pretty sure the db/V is different between the HE400 and HE6SE. I stand by my original statement that the dude (that I originally replied to) needs more power to drive these cans.
  10. A

Isn't the HE6SE a 50 Ohm device?
  11. A

Hifiman recommends at least 2W / channel into 50 ohm for these cans. Don't think you are providing enough power to drive them properly (I'm sure they still get load, you can get them loud off of a phone or laptop).
  12. A

I've never heard the HE6 or HE6SE. But I can tell you that you can hear more detail in the Arya than the Sundara, HD800s than HD6XX, and L700 than 95X (best headphones I have compared to lower tier headphones that I also have). All of those headphones are more expensive than the cheaper options...
  13. A

It does already. The first 5 parametric EQ (PEQ) filters are meant to be used on the ADI-2 (and other 5-band PEQ setups). It's pretty well thought out =). In addition to the usual advice to fiddle with the base and treble boost amounts to taste, I'd test turning off the last PEQ band at ~10k...
Top Bottom