Recent content by al2002

1. A

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

I find narrow directivity speakers can sound ‘congested’ and lacking in ‘air’, in Stereo especially on naturally recorded large scale works. If the Blades had wider dispersion, say +/- 60 degrees, I’d consider them, but for now I’ll stay with the Salon2. In multichannel music playback, narrow...
  2. A

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

Not sure how to interpret this. Care to elaborate ;) ?
  3. A

Audio Precision APx516B Review

I haven’t read the whole thread, so not sure if this is been mentioned before, but the AP 516 appears to be not much better than the Quantasylum 403 which is significantly cheaper.
  4. A

How much of an upgrade would Revel F228 Be speakers be over PSB Synchrony Ones?

Can you comment on the differences in sound quality, between the synchrony one and the 228? Based on the measurements in stereophile magazine I would not expect major differences, but your comments would be appreciated.
  5. A

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Can’t see the data. Can you please repost.
  6. A

FS: Waveform Mach Solo speakers

Are these active speakers like the waveform 17, or are they passive?
  7. A

Eversolo DMP A-8 @ Purité Audio

Yes. Optimally, we would like to have a choice of either sending the analogue input without A/D conversion to the output or have the ability to switch it through the A/D stage so that DSP could be applied. That is why I asked whether this feature is hardwired or could it be changed in firmware.
  8. A

Eversolo DMP A-8 @ Purité Audio

That’s a poor decision by the design team IMO. So now DSP processing cannot act on the analogue inputs? Is this a hardwired limitation or could it be changed via a firmware update? Can you please enquire.
  9. A

Raw 1m Measurements of a Gedlee NS15?

Very nice! Can you post some measurements of the Gradient speakers? Thanks.
  10. A

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

Good catch. I overlooked this one
  11. A

why do you say this? It is not correct.
  12. A

A one box streaming/DRC/ preamp is not available at the moment. if your budget extends to a Linn Sekekt, then you could go for an NAD M66 or opt for a 2 box solution if you cannot wait.
  13. A

Not on my Majik DSM/3. They have something called Space Optimisation which tries to calculate room modes, but it does not work well IME. The last version of SO I used did not allow manual adjustment of filter frequency and Q, so I gave up on it. At best, it tries to calculate parametric eq to...
Top Bottom