Recent content by ajramirez

1. A

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Yes, but I am always curious about how other components may sound in my room.
  2. A

How About Creating a Modern Cassette Player?

The amount of negativity in this thread is amazing. To answer OP’s question, I believe a high quality compact player (not necessarily Walkman size but not full size), with Dolby NR, recording capabilities, a built in ADC and Bluetooth would be very attractive. I believe the biggest obstacle to a...
  3. A

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

Unless you really needed the screen, I would think the MXN10 would be a better choice, especially given the difference in price.
  4. A

Why do streaming audio players seem to be useless and overpriced bling to me?

The MXN10 I use does not even have a display. All the information I need, including cover art, is neatly displayed in the iPad I use to control the streamer.
  5. A

Why do streaming audio players seem to be useless and overpriced bling to me?

I can tell you why I did it. For a couple of years, I used a MacBook Pro running Audirvana, outputting to a DAC vía USB. For convenience purposes, the computer was always hooked up to its power supply, which resulted in two swollen batteries in less than 3 years. Unplugging the computer after...
  6. A

A good used CD player ?

Worth a watch in my view. Blind tested with output levels matched. Antonio
  7. A

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

Here are two of mine: Linn LP12 and Technics SL1200Mk2. The plinth in the Technics has been refinished (black powder coating) hence the absence of any branding. It is a bit if a mutt, but works beautifully. Cheers, Antonio
  8. A

Speaker survey

Not sure how to add to the spreadsheet, so here it goes. Dynaudio Evoke 10. Satisfied. FWIW, I run them with a KEF KC62 sub.
  9. A

Benchmark DAC3 B vs. iFi Zen Dac Signature

Hi all, Would you deem a switch from an iFi Zen Dac Signature v.1 to a Benchmark DAC3 B to be a worthwhile upgrade? I have the opportunity to pick a slightly used one at a significant discount. For reference, I am feeding the iFi from a MacBook Pro running Audirvana, through a Primare i25 amp...
  10. A

I've owned speakers by.....

This is in a span of 43 years. Not that many, considering. Scott S176. My first system at age 13. Two way bookshelf speakers with 8” woofers. DIY 3-way with Radio Shack 12” woofers, Pyle Driver midranges and piezo tweeters. My father built the cabinets. Used them mostly for my DJ business (in...
  11. A

IFi Zen Stream vs. MacBook Pro direct to DAC via USB

I am not so concerned about convenience. The reason I asked the question is that I continue to read that computers are “noisy” devices and that the device generating the digital audio stream should be separate from all other computing functions. The streamer would be placed right next to the...
  12. A

IFi Zen Stream vs. MacBook Pro direct to DAC via USB

Hello to all. Long time reader, but this will be my first post. My digital front end consists of a MacBook Pro running Audirvana 3.5, which I use to stream Qobuz content to an iFi Zen DAC Signature via direct USB connection from the computer to the DAC. Amp is a Primare i25 integrated and...
Top Bottom