Recent content by ajookon

1. A

Using the "Recording out" on Marantz PM6006UK as a subwoofer input

Hi, I have a Marantz PM6006UK amp which I love. What I don't have is a sub out. There's an audio out - "Recorder out" on the backside - https://manuals.marantz.com/pm6006/NA/EN/fig/Conne%20recorder%20PM6006N_OBAOILxxrckljt.png Is this basically an aux out? Can I connect it to a powered sub's...
  2. A

Optical out from a sound card to the amp

The motherboard might have the pins to connect a plate with SPDIF and COAX outs. I'll have to check the manual to make sure.
  3. A

Optical out from a sound card to the amp

Hi, I have a DAC built in my integrated amp (Marantz PM6006 UK with SPDIF and COAX inputs) and would like to use it instead of an external DAC. I use my computer for music and it doesn't have a coax or an optical out, and currently I would prefer not to buy an external DAC or an external sound...
  4. A

Pairing the right DAC (or another converter...?) to a Marantz PM6006 UK

I see :) Another thing I thought of is simply using the following configuration: PC via HDMI to my 7 years old Samsung TV then to the Marantz via the TV's optical output. It's all digital signal until it reaches the amp's DAC. I guess I just assume (without actually knowing that for a fact...
  5. A

Would pretty much any low cost sound card with an optical port be good enough? I have no idea how different the quality of the signal might be when it comes to a cheap card's optical port in comparison to an expensive one's....
  6. A

Hi ya'll, This is a cry for help... I've been wasting so many hours on reading, comparing and going absolutely all over the place picking up audio equipment... Being an engineer and a nerd sure doesn't help :( Also being a business owner and spending so much time on this instead of actually...
Top Bottom