Recent content by ajawamnet

1. A

I'm a bit amazed by this response I got to a post I did on Facebook...

Thanks... I recall when I first posted it to Steve Hoffman's forum a lot of hardline "Never remix" kinda guys were digging it. Those old releases really need it. The info on that remix page is interesting... all the stuff I came across when doing it. The comparison vid - -...
  2. A

I'm a bit amazed by this response I got to a post I did on Facebook...

So there was a post talking about how vinyl out sold CD's. And the guy went mentioned how superior to CD's they are. So I posted a counter argument - based on technical reasons. I eventually posted it on my Facebook page. I got one comment.... from the guy that wrote the book on disc...
  3. A

Amazing what you could get out of a Trashcan 80-8

What we used to call the 80-8 from Teac/Tascam. I did this in 1985 or there abouts. It was during the whole Zappa vs. Tipper/PMRC thing. We were in the studio and got tired of hearing about it. So Kevin came up with a lick, he and the drummer worked out the arrangement and we cut it in less...
  4. A

Budget DAC Review: behringer UMC204HD

I just took a UMC 202 apart to mod it with filtering and a front panel phantom power switch (they put the phantom power SW in the back - like WTF?) and it uses the TC3000 DICE III ... Here's some pics... the 1 pg datasheet attached. I'm using it for low freq lab work so I really don't care...
  5. A

VU Meters: Let's See 'Em!!

Be great to use those - I can't seem to find them anywhere... also - what is the drive requirement for the coils?
  6. A

Recall the whole Douk thing I posted a while back? How the stock PCB used some sort of uC or something to try and emulate VU meter ballistics? And how it didn't follow the audio - like when panning - (thread is here...
  7. A

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

I designed this - You can see the 8mm patient barrier and the Y rated cap. Prototype on my bench Vid of me machining the end plates of the first 20 for testing http://www.ajawamnet.com/ajawam1/DSCN1990.wmv We had to go thru some pretty rigorous test at Welch Allyn to get this approved...
  8. A

I fixed a lot of those...
  9. A

Speaker wires don't carry any energy (power).

Naw - this is pretty much how it is. Anyone that deals with Power Transmission, High Power RF, PCB design, or any other Signal Integrity critical interconnections realizes this. The field solvers in the tools he mentions (like Ansys they show which is about $40k for a basic seat) calculates...
  10. A

Robert Ferenac and Eric Bogatin: Explaining Veritasium Electricity Video: Energy doesn't flow in wires (with Eric Bogatin) EEVblog 1439 - Analysing Veritasium's Electricity Misconceptions Video: The vid they are refering to from Veritasium - the physicist that's been on lot's o PBS...
  11. A

PCBD&F - a trade mag for EE's and PCB designers: https://digital.upmediagroup.com/issue/january-2022/the-billion-dollar-mistake/ "Au: This article emphasizes the need to concentrate on design of transmission lines, or the “spaces,” instead of the “wires.” The industry focus has been on the...
  12. A

There was a similar article in one of the trade mags I get - I thought it was PCB Design and Fab/Circuit Assembly but I can't see to find this. But it said the same thing - the energy does NOT flow through the wire, it flows between the wires. They were using this to explain ground plane...
  13. A

Do tubes do anything well in circuits?

Tho there are solid-state models, a lot of FM's use a tube similar to this: Goes over this co-ax: Note that the copper pipe in the background is actually rigid co-ax and used in this: To connect to this: https://contelec.com/fm/
Top Bottom