Recent content by airs

1. A

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Got it hooked up today and I am thrilled - I can switch between NC400 monoblocks (for music) and my Denon AVR (for movies) from my couch! The giant VU meters are icing on the cake. Great product!
  2. A

F208 to KH420?

I kept the Revels and sub! Definitely getting sonic body slams now.
  3. A

F208 to KH420?

I wanted to follow up on this: after a few hours redoing crossovers, Dirac measurements/setup, and altering the positions of my speakers/sub a bit, I am very happy with the sound. I wonder if something got messed up during the upgrade to MiniDSP Device Console a while back. Thanks for the help...
  4. A

F208 to KH420?

Makes sense. I am using Dirac on a MiniDSP SHD..
  5. A

F208 to KH420?

How about as far as "punchiness"? I want to be kicked in the chest a bit more ;)
  6. A

F208 to KH420?

Hi all, I'm wondering what sort of differences I can expect going from F208's to KH420's? My sub is a ULS15. F208s are powered with NC400 monoblocks. Is there anything I'll be missing out on going from larger to smaller cabinets? What benefits will I realize?
  7. A

Matrix Element X2 Streamer Review

This might make sense if it had Dirac and was 1/3rd the price.
  8. A

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Comply T-500 does fit - you need to put a bit lubrication (water or other) around the inside of the tip before putting it over the barrel.
  9. A

Linsoul Tripowin cable arrived today. It feels a little better than stock, but underwhelming overall - not as nice as say, the Fiio FD5 stock cable. Going to send it back and slum it with the stock cable.
  10. A

I figured it was ok since it shouldn't come into contact with skin - just put a tiny bit on the part of the tube facing away from the ear.
  11. A

Perhaps you need more amplification or a better seal? I guess it’s subjective to some extent, but I think these have amazingly good bass (especially given the price)! I will admit I haven’t tried a ton of IEMs - AirPods Pro, TripleFi 10 Pro, UE900, Fiio FD5. Edit: hold on, I just tried the...
  12. A

Umm...the bass with a good seal (comply tips for me now) is ridiculous. They do seem to need a good amount of power - Topping G5 needs high gain for my taste of volume.
  13. A

Ah good call on using some lubricant. I'll try a bit of Krytox. Edit: lube worked its magic ;)
  14. A

I tried the T-500 today and they are too small to fit onto these IEMs unfortunately. Anyone know what foam tips might fit? Edit: they fit if you use a little lubricant on the nozzle!
  15. A

Thanks for the review @amirm Just received these from Amazon. Auditioned for about an hour with a Topping G5 - outstanding sound without any EQ. Wow.
Top Bottom