Recent content by airmail

1. A

Debating Denon 3800h, 4700h, and Onkyo RZ50...thoughts?

You do realise that Denon is getting Dirac DLBC in a month right?
  2. A

The Denon & LG & Apple TV lip sync drama troubleshoot

To add, it now works well enough that I've set the HDMI back to enhanced and the ATV back to 4:2:2 and Match Content. Something is janky with the Denons video processing and it doesn't offset the audio in relation to it's own internal video processing lag - would love to see if someone can...
  3. A

The Denon & LG & Apple TV lip sync drama troubleshoot

I took a gamers perspective to sorting this, anything in the signal line that delays the video input is bad. IMO it's video input lag. The 3700 chokes on high bandwidth video data. These things are designed by old school AV engineers who don't have the same critical specification parameters that...
  4. A

Ultra-High Performance Stereo RCA to True Balanced XLR Converter

I can live with that, I'd look at building a little box for them - just can't be bothered messing about with PCBs.
  5. A

Ultra-High Performance Stereo RCA to True Balanced XLR Converter

I'd like these so I can run balanced a fully balanced setup with a 3700 - have you got cases in mind that these boards will drop into? Preferable want to run 9 channels.
  6. A

dolby labs atmos movie mixes and elevation speakers is Snake Oil! lol

I have some Dali bouncers here. They are setup dependent. How I knew I had set them up properly was when I was sending test tones through all speakers individually, my Bedlington Terrier will tilt his head and watch each speaker as the test tones play through each speaker. When it got to the...
  7. A

Subwoofer Comparison

Well, the SB1000pro is probably the best small sub you can buy without spending daft money - you'll love it. The app based DSP is great as well.
  8. A

Subwoofer Comparison

The 10 doesn't fit? The 10 looks to measure better than my SB1000 pro - not just in terms of frequency response but also group delay....despite being ported. The only thing you're missing out on is DSP, which you could do with a minidsp.
  9. A

Subwoofer Comparison

I quite like the look of the Monolith dual 12's - just can't get them in the UK :(
  10. A

Share your in-room measurements?

Updated my bass EQ - bit of a beginner. Wharfdale Linton's crossed at 80hz with a single SB1000 pro (until my second one gets warrantied). No smoothing. Will try 60hz at somepoint to reduce sub localisation but was having phase issues.
  11. A

Advice multiple subs/poor mans Geddes Method

I suspect I'm running the bass just a little too hot looking at the rough downward tend out to 200hz?
  12. A

Okay guys - I played around with one sub and REW some more. Turns out the 49hz null was a crossover and level issue, it was broad from 49 to 80hz. It'still sort of there - but less so. I got rid of this by sorting phase, level and crossing at 80hz and pulling some peaks down further. The actual...
  13. A

Thanks Abdo! I would quite like to get a smoother bass response at the table if possible, as we like to listen to music on a friday evening whilst chatting and eating food in a civilised manner at the table. :)
  14. A

Hah you nutters simulated a room using Python? I'm going to have to show the other half this, as she's a Python programmer and data scientist. She'll love that! That's brilliant!
Top Bottom