Recent content by aikofan

1. aikofan

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

I used mine as a preamp connected a stereo power amp and a sub. Now I use it to drive powered monitors, but in both cases used the CXN to control volume for the system.
  2. aikofan

Single subwoofer mono input vs stereo input dB difference

After activating the second channel on my sub (which took way longer than expected because after opening my miniDSP Device Console for the first time in months, I found out I was many versions out of date, but after updating all the software, I had no output, and it took me half the afternoon...
  3. aikofan

Interesting, JL Audio tech support basically told me the same thing, saying there’s no set number. I’ve seen posts about changing the levels when going from single input to Y splitter and also when going from single to double subs, and they were talking about specific dB adjustments, so I would...
  4. aikofan

I have a single subwoofer (JL Audio D110) with only the left input connected to my miniDSP Flex. However, the subwoofer has been cutting out intermittently, so I want to try connecting both L+R inputs to see if that might solve this problem. So when going from one mono input to both inputs in...
  5. aikofan

Silicone tips for Apple EarPods - the old wired, free ones

My Senn HD6xx are too hot and sweaty to use in summer, so in hot weather I switch to the Apple EarPods that used to come free with iPhones. However, I don’t like the way they loosely fit in my ears and gradually slide out further and further after a few minutes, so I have to constantly push them...
  6. aikofan

How long do your Apple lightning dongles last?

The Apple dongle has been my main headphone amp driving my HD6xx for about 7 years, ever since Apple got rid of iPhone headphone jacks. I’m happy with the dongle. It drives my low-sensitivity headphones louder than I would ever want, and I could barely hear any difference in sound quality...
  7. aikofan

"plasticky" Neumanns?

And of course, vinyl-wrapped speakers can magically make your digital sources sound like vinyl.
  8. aikofan

Glad you snagged the sale price, which is much closer to the price I paid 5 years ago than the inflated list price of recent years. But I’ve had 5 years of enjoyable, problem-free use, amounting to several hours every day. Thankfully the digital volume control, despite its somewhat coarse steps...
  9. aikofan

High five, I also have a CXNv2 hooked up to a pair of Genelecs. I’m very happy with the setup. I also noticed that it‘s on sale right now, so maybe it‘s about to be discontinued.
  10. aikofan

MiniDSP with a separate DAC and Preamp

Maybe there’s an EQ app for your iPad that can do what you want without having to change your hardware setup, especially if you just need to fix one little area in the frequency range.
  11. aikofan

MiniDSP with a separate DAC and Preamp

For a minimalist like me, that’s a long, complex signal chain with lots of redundancies but no ability to high pass.
  12. aikofan

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

Just ruling this out, and sorry for asking, but this is with the Monitor Mix knob turned all the way to DAW right, if that’s what you’re listening to?
  13. aikofan

Budget passive preamp with stepped attenuator?

I bought this exact product recently and am very happy with it.
  14. aikofan

Sonos Era

Looking forward to your updates.
  15. aikofan

Sonos Era

So what’s the honest verdict on these new speakers vs the HomePod 2? I’m looking for a speaker in the kitchen so my wife can listen to music and podcasts without fuss while working in there, and she’ll be Airplaying from her iPhone. Now that the official reviews are starting to come out, I’m...
Top Bottom