Recent content by Aibo

1. Aibo

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Where's the pre-order button? :D If they make a complete final product with a case under $150 I will personally forbid all of my friends and acquaintances to by anything else ever.
  2. Aibo

Review and Measurements of Topping MX3 DAC & Amp

Been listening this one lately and I can share few impressions: - Lively and punchy presentation over speakers output. General level of details, sound-stage and energy are really good making it fun to listen. Unfortunately highs are too hot and tainted and even when I dial them down to...
  3. Aibo

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Perfect little amp. I really like the idea of compact sized high end amp. Not a fan of huge mono blocks needing a team to move them around. Actually, know some guys exchanging some seriously heavy artillery with AHB2 and not looking back.
  4. Aibo

If you're interested in personal observation, I listened both of them for longer period.... Khadas sounds much cleaner and more dynamic. Of course if the rest of your system is capable of conveying the difference.
  5. Aibo

I was listening over S/PDIF these days and I thought it sounded just a bit better compared to USB - a bit punchier. I asked my girlfriend to help me with a blind test - it was a simple matter of her choosing different outputs in the player while DAC was connected to PC both ways... and I chose...
  6. Aibo

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I also couldn't hear any difference playing 320kbps AAC through Bluetooth from my phone (compared to bit-perfect player from Win 10 with CD quality files). So all is fine, DX3 pro can give it's best through all inputs.
  7. Aibo

Generic version. You get all the connectors in the bag so you can solder them anytime later if needed. Wow, that's not gone work then. Thanks for the info. I'll probably buy any pretty box and try to find some local guys that can do CNC machining.
  8. Aibo

Review and Measurements of Wireworld Starlight 7 USB Cable

Interesting results. Unlike speaker and IC cables, so far I could never hear any difference changing my digital cables (not that any of them were this expensive) or even when using extension USB cable to reach the device (some people believe it's a big no-no but I couldn't notice any changes).
  9. Aibo

Sorry to see you got markings backwards. I'm actually thinking going with something like this. Seller is offering everything needed to customize it to our needs: Length: can be changed to any length Color: Can be oxidated to any color Drilling Hole: holes on the plates,hole milling,holes on the...
  10. Aibo

DX3 pro was set at 0 dB, later on I even switched to so called DAC mode that overrides volume controls altogether but I didn't notice any benefit of doing so. I also keep Win 10 volume at 100% all the time and control the volume only on my integrated amp.
  11. Aibo

I new only about the DIY one, the second aluminium one is new to me, so thanks. I'll consider it because this board deserves a nice box to mach the circuit quality.
  12. Aibo

First impressions listening to this board are - it sounds as good as it measures, easily beating anything else I've had so far. Already looking for a suitable aluminium enclosure, because this one is a keeper.
  13. Aibo

Tried it and really liked the build quality and functionality. Sound on headphone output is really good but quiet different in low-gain (nice and detailed) and high-gain (more powerful and with more bass kick but voices lose some of the fine details) mode. However I was disappointed by the...
  14. Aibo

Review and Measurements of SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC

I gave my unfavorable opinion about 10th sound previously, before all of these measurements came. It was connected only to PC via USB because I couldn't imagine that to be the limiting factor. But now I gave it another spin with aux power supply added (just a phone charger) to see if I can...
  15. Aibo

Review and Measurements of SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC

Thanks! I've been curious about this test ever since I bought it and wasn't impressed by the sound. This sheds more light on the matter.
Top Bottom