Recent content by ahofer

1. ahofer

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Two short sentences with a full paragraph of meaning. Good to hear.
  2. ahofer

Standing by this comment, dated April 6. LOL.
  3. ahofer

Amplifier Recommendations for Wharfedale Linton 85th

Should be plenty of power bridged. Sounds like bridging the SMSL changes output impedance, which may change the FR a touch.
  4. ahofer

“Pairing” is a word used to sell a lot of audio myths. It’s borrowed from wine-talk for a reason. What you need is enough power when the amplifier is operating within specifications (that include inaudible distortion levels and flat frequency response). The Class of operation isn’t important.
  5. ahofer

A proper answer requires that we know how big a space you are in and how far you sit from the speakers.
  6. ahofer

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Every review here and at Erin’s shows separate distortion, and now compression, and step function. Why does the FR and directivity data in the spin have to somehow include that to not be “subjective”. Speakers can measure badly on any of these tests (regardless of how those measurements are...
  7. ahofer

Just to focus on one problem with your statement, how does the completeness of a measurement suite make it more or less “subjective”?
  8. ahofer

A long time ago I wrote this thread, with a paragraph on this idea of the rogue genius: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-can-bogus-claims-and-inferior-audio-thrive-in-a-competitive-market.9468/
  9. ahofer

Wow. Self-immolation. I’d laugh, but it’s kinda sad.
  10. ahofer

Alexander’s lawyer is probably trying to help him out by negotiating some sort of face-saving standstill. May not be sinister, may be his lawyer thinking he better do the talking and get this settled.
  11. ahofer

Although the impedance curves of the higher end models look facepalm
  12. ahofer

What sort of “litigation” can he commence that isn’t a lawsuit? OTOH if he measures everything, that’s a plus, and a big victory for us Measuristas. Too few companies do that.
  13. ahofer

Primaluna EVO 400

Seems more like a fixed EQ/harmonic generator box from the measurements: https://www.stereophile.com/content/primaluna-evo400-integrated-amplifier-measurements not impressed with the offerings reviewed here...
  14. ahofer

Agreed. If you don't like it, just mute the thread. Personally, I think this is just a small tempest inside the whirlwind he reaped when sowing the wind in here.
  15. ahofer

He's had about as much practice as humanly possible. Around here we parse the measurement comments like I used to parse Alan Greenspan's Fedspeak.
Top Bottom