Recent content by ah-ra

1. ah-ra

miniDSP 2x4 HD Sweetspot-audio Mod Review

Agreed, but language like that can also be found on almost every Hi-Fi manufacturer's homepage...
  2. ah-ra

I fully agree. I think that's the best way to approach this. Let's see what Gecom Technologies will have to say to the original and the modded version. I read that someone requested measurements from Sweetspot Audio but I have to agree that these would probably not be trusted on this forum...
  3. ah-ra

Yes, I'm pretty sure they are aware. So let's see if they come up with an explanation.
  4. ah-ra

Okay, that's your guess, but we can't be sure about that. On the other hand, why should he send you a modded unit (for free!) when he should have known that it will show worse results than the original...? Makes no sense to me... That's why I questioned the results. Maybe something else is off...
  5. ah-ra

Really? I think it was highly unfair to publish these results, without prior verification with Sweetspot Audio. Obviously the owner of the unit didn't pay a penny for the mod, which I think makes quite a difference here, as it does not make it look like scam to me. Who would be that stupid...
  6. ah-ra

Sorry, did I get that right? You got the modification for free and it was clear that the unit will be sent to Amir for testing? If that's the case, this is a no go for me. It would at least have been fair to hear what Sweetspot Audio has to say to the results before publishing as this review...
  7. ah-ra

Interesting results and quite disappointing.... Would be interesting to hear what Sweetspot Audio says to this results...
  8. ah-ra

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

There's already a modified unit waiting for review, so let's wait....
  9. ah-ra

I think you are referring to my post. In general I would agree, but I have two units (the DDRC24 is basically a 2x4HD), so I could compare and I can say the mod made a difference to me, so I also had the other one modified. It's not night and day of course, but noticable. I'm not a technician...
  10. ah-ra

I had an 2x4HD and a DDRC24 modified by Sweetspot Audio. In my opinion it brought a significant improvement to the sound overall. Any updates when your unit will be tested? I'm very much looking forward to the review....
  11. ah-ra

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

I checked it today with Anne Clark - Borderlands in 88.2/24 in Qobuz. It's playing flawlessly with my CCA connected to my pro-ject DAC via toslink.... Listening to it as I'm writing this...
  12. ah-ra

That's true, but also the case with other (more expensive streamers). Actually I don't mind.
  13. ah-ra

I don't know how you connected the CCA, but what I know (and now has been confirmed here....) ist that via toslink CCA can also play up to 96/24, e.g. via Qobuz or Amazon HD Apps....
Top Bottom