Recent content by AddamR

1. A

Fosi Audio BT30D Pro review

Just popping in to give an update on the BT30D PRO. I've simplified the setup to only one unit, still running through the SMSL D6 DAC and Box X4 tube preamp, using the pre-out to a dedicated active sub. Speakers are the vintage Krix Brix 4" ported, (sub .1) woofers are a dual (split) Vifa...
  2. A

Found a TPA3255 4 channel module on AliExpress

ill hook mine up this weekend and we can compare
  3. A

Dammit, I'm in Canberra!
  4. A

Nice setup in that link. You're in AU too. Any chance for a listen
  5. A

The 3e Amps are far superior units of course and I was considering 3 or 4 of the stereo TPA3255 units, but at $170AUD, not a budget friendly option at the moment. They are on the cards for next year though, as I'm aware these 4ch Chinese TPA3255s are just that - 'get what you pay for'
  6. A

Yes, I've been researching noise interference and will be shielding the DSP and Amps, also using quality TP sheilded wiring. I chose the balanced route for that very reason of noise, but have never used this before. But with everything DIY, you don't know, until you know. Test will be just an...
  7. A

The no name 4ch amp, also branded as the Aiyima B2D2205? Which sites, because they're available on Ali, Ebay and from Aiyima
  8. A

The Vifa P17WJ0008 is 86db, I've 4 of these and have used the 6.5" and 5" vifa drivers before and been really impressed with them. Didn't want to go out and buy more hardware for speakers, rather use what I have. Digital, is of course, a different beast.
  9. A

Oooh, I haven't tested these for functionality yet. Will hook up a basic setup and find out this weekend. Did you find they may be sensitive to EMI? Grounding, wiring requirements maybe? They're only $90AUD, which is why I got them, just to 'take a look' and because they were TPA3255, which...
  10. A

I'm in possession of 2 of these for an 8 channel stereo project with active xovers into 2 x 3 ways with 2 x subs, just waiting on the ADAU1701s and other associated hardware to arrive (PCM1808 for analog to I2S, 4 x DRV134 SE to balanced outputs), I'm also yet to design the speaker boxes, using...
  11. A

Dayton iMM-6 vs miniDSP UMIK-1

I was going to go the route of @Mistletoe. I'll keep and test now.
  12. A

JVC SK15A 15" 3 way box rebuild/redesign (questions)

As far as sound goes, I realise they are not considered 'great' speakers, if I did pursue a rebuild. Box volume and ports would be identical, the question was 'if' I changed the geometry to side firing woofer and vertical mid/tweeter array, to reduce the front facing footprint, would that mess...
  13. A

Thanks for the link, that speaker tester looks interesting and not a bad price. Would be a good investment, as I've got a lot of speakers floating about, most with no box/home and unknown characteristics. I think the 'issue' with these kabuki speakers, is the over use of the mids and tweeters...
  14. A

Well, good news is, that I've got at least a dozen pair or more of vintage Magnavox drivers (Aussie made) of various sizes and they sell for a decent penny online. As for the chipboard boxes they came in...easily deconstructed to fit in the bin.
  15. A

I'm also running an SMSL D-6 DAC, first time using a DAC and I can say, I was missing out on a whole lot.
Top Bottom