Recent content by Adamant11746

1. A

Headphone Advice

The problem you may run into is that the headphone output of your Yamaha, due to the way it taps the speaker amp section via resistors, seems to be extremely high output impedance. This will affect the frequency response of any headphone that doesn't have an almost perfectly flat impedance. The...
  2. A

Can you wear your IEMs while you eat?

I eat wearing IEMs or headphones quite often, since games of Dungeons and Dragons are usually 4-5 hours long and due to time zone stuff tend to get scheduled around meal time for me (I play online with people all over the world). Obviously not my favorite thing in the world to eat wearing them...
  3. A

Fed up with Spotify, suggestions for switching?

I ended up staying with Spotify. I'm still not entirely happy with it, but I'm also only paying for 1/5 of a family plan. It just doesn't seem worth paying much more to use Tidal, especially with the likelihood of the same annoyances. I could have tried to make Qobuz work, but when I took a...
  4. A

Sennheiser IE200

When I had a pair of IE200 I simply used a tiny strip of scotch tape. It worked quite nicely to seal the holes, and is fully reversible if you want to sell them later (good thing too, since I couldn't find small enough ear tips and ended up returning them).
  5. A

What is the best cheap dongle dac for android nowadays?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099NBWB7L?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details I've been using this, there are a bunch with the same design. In fact, they may all be made in the same place. I don't know exactly how good the CX31993 chip is, but there aren't any audible problems and also no...
  6. A

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

This is bad enough that I posted a link to the review in the Worst Measuring Loudspeakers thread. It might not be the absolute worst, but it looks close! I'm surprised JBL, with all their resources and several good speakers, put out something so poorly designed this recently.
  7. A

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

Back to the original thread topic, we have a pretty good candidate right here on ASR. https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-4312m-ii-3-way-studio-monitor-review.51226/ The other graphs are pretty bad as well, high distortion and disastrous horizontal directivity. In fact...
  8. A

Cheapest Chinese Tribrid IEMs

I think the main problem with that comparison is the massive differences in the frequency response curve between the 2 models. I've attached a graph with the Andromeda 2019(green line) compared with the MEST MKIII(blue line) compared to my personal target(Harman with a bit less pinna gain), and...
  9. A

Not planning to go back to CDs after experiencing the convenience of streaming, but I was actually considering the FLAC option. I wouldn't be able to buy my entire playlist worth of albums at once, but I might be able to do it slowly. I'd have to find an inexpensive player on android and one on...
  10. A

So, a couple days ago I noticed Spotify once again removed an entire album from their service (this time it was Bad Animals, by Heart), and I'm tired of things like this happening. Another song I have favorited has had a couple skips in it for months. I want to switch to a different service, and...
  11. A

New IEM KZ D-Fi.

Thanks! I didn't actually mean there was too much sub-bass, I meant bass as in the whole spectrum below 150-200hz or so. It doesn't really matter what I meant though, since the target did exactly what I expected and hoped for. By the way, I don't have the D-Fi but I do have the ZVX. As you can...
  12. A

New IEM KZ D-Fi.

Would you be willing to share the CSV for that target? I've been EQing to the oratory1990 target lately, having discovered I slightly prefer it over Harman, but I do feel like it has a bit too much bass. Your target seems like exactly what I've been looking for.
  13. A

Longer silicone tips for medium nozzle IEMs? Alternatively, longer nozzle IEMs?

Here's an update on my current situation with this problem. Double flange tips didn't quite fit, and the silicone and molding quality was poor. Tried the Khan, which had a nearly perfect shell shape for my ears. Unfortunately that improved fit pushed the nozzles (which are nearly as long and...
  14. A

I did some looking on amazon and found what seemed to be the only seller that included measurements with their double flange tips (although the tips themselves seem to be the same across sellers). They seem to be the right size, so I just went ahead and ordered them. For those of you who...
  15. A

Update on the Cadenza: It is the only IEM other than the Etymotic ER2XR (which was incredibly uncomfortable) that I decided to return within the first listening session. Compared to the Ze Tian Wu and Truthear Zero, the Cadenza was severely lacking treble. In fact, until I tried EQ and got good...
Top Bottom