Recent content by Acerun

1. Acerun

Audeze SINE Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Yes, I like the Vespars, and I've always liked the Sine, although I can't really answer your question. I picked mine up on Ebay for about $80 I think, but one of the speakers failed. I got two new speakers put in by Audeze for $100 a couple of years ago, so like new.
  2. Acerun

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

I also moved from the M106 to the M126be. I love them. I've got them paired with two matching 15 inch Rythmik subs with 1000w Hypex amps, crossed at 100. I kind of envy the f226be's, but I rarely listen to anything over 85db but can't help but wonder if they would take things to another...
  3. Acerun

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

For the X8500H, Amir showed that there's basically no deterioration up to 2v.
  4. Acerun

Apollon Purifi vs Hypex

I think we just need to remember this is a small business. Can't expect Amazon performance. You will be very happy when you receive the amplifier.
  5. Acerun

Apollon Purifi vs Hypex

That's the exact model that I bought and they shipped it out in maybe 2 to 3 days and then it took 2 to 3 days to get to San Francisco. It's a beautiful amplifier and the company is completely above board but it's probably the case that Tibor is doing a lot by himself.
  6. Acerun

Moondrop May USB-C Headphones Review

Truthear Zero still better fitting for me, also my best fitting IEM.
  7. Acerun

AUDIRECT Team 1

Just saw this on the Shenzhen website. The specs look pretty impressive. https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/audirect-team-1-es9281ac-pro-portable-dac-amp
  8. Acerun

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

The Power switch on the back of one of mine is loose. I honestly think they just slap them into the box. I also have upgraded to the Apolon Purifi stereo for my mains. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't hear the difference. Amazing and now only around $1000 US. BTW, before the Apolon...
  9. Acerun

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Comparing the x3700h and the x8500h, Amir reported almost no degradation in SINAD up to 2v output.
  10. Acerun

I bought them awhile back and I have to say that on standard it's pretty compelling sound. It grabbed my attention right away.
  11. Acerun

I believe the Moondrop Starfield was a smash hit and put them on the map.
  12. Acerun

Cross at 60 vs Cross at 100

Sorry for the uninformed question, but if the crossover isn't in the right place, what's the point of measuring it?
  13. Acerun

When I say adjust the subs, I mean that I take a sub measurement, a Left main measurement, a Right main measurement in REW and I see if the subwoofer line is crossing the mains FR at the right crossover target. I'm using MultiEQ-X to tell the AVR what crossover I want, yes. If the sub...
  14. Acerun

I'd recommend watching the whole thing, it's very informative. If you want to jump closer to the discussion as to why the $20 third party app doesn't work properly, maybe start watching at 15 mins or so. Multieq-x lets you disable auto-leveling which is critical. It also lets you enable...
  15. Acerun

Because I want to see the actual in room results in REW.
Top Bottom