Recent content by Abstract_Painter

1. A

ASR Weekly Audio Reviews Episode #2 (Video)

Amir, I would highly suggest, in addition to the roundup, release each segment as a separate video with specific product title. Then you get more views per video, probably more subscribers, and individual products will be easier to find via search. There are many YouTubers who will do a live...
  2. A

AIYIMA A08 Pro Amplifier Review

This Aiyima A08 Pro and the Topping PA3s look to be about the same price… The Aiyima has double the power, Topping slightly better SINAD. Any advice which one for a set of Pioneer SP-FS52 6 ohm floorstanding speakers in an 18-14 room? Their current amp is the SMSL SA-98E (TDA7498E ST Micro...
  3. A

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Just received them. WOW. Laying down some Nightmares on Wax. They have all the detail you want and the bass is so rich. These are putting my Tin T2s to shame. As balanced and clear to my ears as desktop monitors. What a joy to listen to. Thank you Amir! I haven’t listened to headphones...
  4. A

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Logged into Amazon and it said 18 in stock. Added it to cart and it dropped to 14. Just ordered and now there’s 11 left. There’s a run on! Would love a review on the Tin T2, my only other IEMs.
  5. A

Chord GroundARAY Review (Noise Filter?)

If you go to Amir’s Kali Audio IN-8 review (which I will link below) you will see a headless panther and a bad review for a speaker with a busted woofer sent in by a member. The source of the damage is unknown. There is a link in the review that takes you down to the comments where Amir then...
  6. A

Chord GroundARAY Review (Noise Filter?)

Not that I own a Chord Electronics product, or plan on it any time soon, but since you have reviewed a number of Chord Electronics products recently and even connected the Chord Electronics “Dave” to this The Chord Company device for this review…. it may be worth noting that more clearly in the...
  7. A

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Can this be run in bridged mode for 256X upscaling at 1,536 kHz for $10,590? Or 16x bridged mode for 1.85e19X upscaling at 1.45e46 kHz for $84,720?
  8. A

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Meh… I’m happy with my Pass ACA. :p
  9. A

Polk Reserve R350 Review (Center Speaker)

Can we do a poll on speaker polls? It’s an interesting idea. However, to me, the point of an Amir review is his expertise and testing equipment. I’m guessing that a lot of poll voters have never heard or tested the speaker. Consider moving the poll to the end of the review so a least the...
  10. A

Dayton MK402X Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

I’m powering them with SMSL’s version of the Topping PA3, which Amir measured at 55w 4ohms. That’s plenty for nearfield and just enough for filling a 12x12ft office loud (with some strain/distortion). But yeah, power hungry little guys.
  11. A

Dayton MK402X Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Ha! These have been my daily driver desktops for 2 years. Getting tons of use now working from home. My inner audiophile keeps nagging at me to upgrade since they were so cheap, but I haven’t since they sound great (that hump at 100hz sounds a bit tubby). Both drivers look identical to the...
Top Bottom