Recent content by Absolute

1. A

Advice needed - Kef LS60 vs Kii vs D&D

Perhaps your estimate is more accurate. But I reckon my point still stands.
  2. A

Advice needed - Kef LS60 vs Kii vs D&D

For sound quality value per dollar, of course not. 50$ of first reflection absorption would do more for sound quality than cardioide without treatment. But there's more to consider than that with active speakers. Functionality, sound character, ease of use, versatility, loudness, reliability...
  3. A

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I feel bad for people around the world with horrible warranty in general. Here in Norway users are protected by a 5 year reclamation law for any product that's intended or expected to work for 5 years or more. Active speakers would fall under this and the dealers would be legally obliged to fix...
  4. A

Kii THREE versus KII THREE/BXT

I have so many measurements that are unmarked so it's a major pain to sort through them to find the relevant ones. These were all made years ago when I had the Kiis, so I'm afraid I can't take new ones. If I come across before and after floor absorption only I will post them. I remember this...
  5. A

Kii THREE versus KII THREE/BXT

Not true. Here's a comparison of one Kii Three speaker where I used a 4 inch absorber on the first reflection on the floor vs on the sidewall just to get a sense of where to focus my panels. RED is floor absorption, GREEN is sidewall.
  6. A

Kii Three Measurements

Many of them certainly know what they are talking about, but I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I'm not questioning the benefit of cardioide dispersion in general, only in the frequency region where the impulse sensitivity of our hearing is so low that the steady-state frequency...
  7. A

Kii Three Measurements

It's never that simple. The effect of cardioide on subjective quality depends on time, strength and frequency spectrum of reflections relative to direct sound. As for the Harman double blind listening room, Google it and take a look. Why put random words in my mouth? It COULD be because of...
  8. A

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

Wow. Impressively horrendous. -6 dB at 100 hz? That's almost phone speaker territory.
  9. A

Revel M16 Speaker Review

What do you mean when you say time aligned? Those graphs may indicate phase issues around the crossover region, so I would focus on getting the phase between speakers/subs optimized before judging better or worse at different crossover points. Any changes to crossover settings and slopes will...
  10. A

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

I think they do, actually. Some Genelec waveguides is more constant in the directivity above 2-3 khz, which means there will be a flattening out of the in-room response in the high frequencies. The estimated in-room response shows a near flat response above 3 khz, which will likely sound...
  11. A

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

Ah, the magic of wireless networks. Sometimes it works, rarely when you need it. And no one knows why. Magic!
  12. A

Good to see your involvement! Perhaps we can get your thoughts on what to expect in terms of real-life spl performance? Kali Audio previously gave a wonderful spec with their speakers to avoid guesswork where unrealistic test signals might give less meaningful results for real-life performance...
  13. A

@Muddywaters Excellent stuff, thank you for sharing! Nice room. It looks to my naked eye that there's compression in the lower midrange as well, but it would be easier to spot if you were to show this normalized to the green one. I forgot how you do that in REW, but perhaps someone remember or...
  14. A

How good is a DSP?

Is Dirac worth 1000€? No. Unless you plan to add subs with the additional outputs and need the flex for crossover duties, then there's no need to spend that amount on room eq alone. For what it's worth, I have flex 8 with Dirac and found it better to just do near-field speaker correction/phase...
  15. A

Is there a speaker more useful for me than the D&D 8C?

I don't doubt something noticeable is happening at loud spl. I don't know if the rather high 3rd order distortion is audible or not, but I know the compression will be very audible and the resonance at around 400 hz that increases the louder you play will likely stick out if you know what to...
Top Bottom