Recent content by abdo123

1. A

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

it will probably be more like 250 Watts for peaks (speaker limit).
  2. A

Video Game Soundtracks

Frostpunk's Sound track is divine, I have been listening to it lately.
  3. A

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

The LS50 will have to be crossed at 400Hz to have the same headroom for Home Cinema or midfield distances compared to speakers with 6.5 Inch woofers. The KEF Q series indeed had 6.5inch woofers, but that introduced some issues in the response. So yeah, there are gaps in the KEF series for...
  4. A

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

Lots of audiophile nervosa in this thread lately. For subwoofers you need ~60 dB of S/N and around -40 dB THD. Even Toddlers can make circuits with such requirements. my phono stage (Cambridge Audio Duo, the best measured in this site) has mains hum at around -60dB in my system and it's...
  5. A

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

The chip can theoretically output 300W but the way this amplifier is designed it would really shut down around 100W or so. Also which speaker and which test? 50-77W is ridiculously low even for small speakers.
  6. A

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Many reasons, mainly because with my current electronics I'm already 90% of the way there. And also because I want 4K resolution @ 120Hz because I want the PC to also become a mini game station using GeForce NOW streaming. 4K @ 30Hz is a little choppy specially when your TV supports HDMI 2.1...
  7. A

KEF LSX, Genelec 8020D, iLoud MTM, or JBL A130 for desktop use?

I own a pair for my living room and they're great even at longer distances. A lot of headroom on tap.
  8. A

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Sounds like a great plan, I'm waiting for Intel's NUC series to support HDMI 2.1
  9. A

What brands can you buy without 'repercussions' ?
  10. A

KEF R3 Speaker Review

What kind of DSP are you using at the moment?
  11. A

In search of small bookshelf speakers with front port, tricky placement situation

Why not get something from Revel Focal Aria series. or Neuman KH120
  12. A

KEF R3 Speaker Review

It's never more harm than good, in fact if you managed to get a worse sound with two subwoofers then you have defied the laws of physics. two sources (well in this case 4 sources since you don't need to high-pass the R3) will reduce the statistical variance in the room significantly even...
  13. A

JBL A130 (when it's on sale) plus a SVS 1000 Pro series subwoofer. or two Elac Sub 1010.
  14. A

If "warm" amplifier makes difference ..

it's usually the vice versa actually.
  15. A

KEF R3 Speaker Review

get TWO SB-1000 pro subwoofers then ;) I'm pretty sure they offer a small discount for purchases of pairs. I remember some time ago placing one subwoofer on the left boundary/wall of my seating position and another subwoofer on my right boundary/wall. My partner said the experience was...
Top Bottom