Recent content by abdo123

1. A

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Wait which input is this active on?
  2. A

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Is this ... my first topping purchase?
  3. A

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

How about you stop typing and go out for a walk somewhere.
  4. A

Well their competitors are offering that service and it’s up to the consumers to decide if that is worth it. For me it’s worth it because Apple is selling it for the very attractive price of free.
  5. A

I think the argument behind lossless should be changed from « Why yes? » to « Why not? » Apple music lets me perfectly switch between lossless and lossy if i’m on data or on wifi. Spotify can do the same and should do the same if they want to stay in the competition (for me).
  6. A

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Dirac really dropped the ball on this to be honest.
  7. A

LFE in the context of ART is one subwoofer + support signals from everything else. Not all the subwoofers available. So there should be a difference. Otherwise it’s not consistent.
  8. A

We started doing this because of the traditional way we used to do bass management. With ART i would be more than happy to: 1) crossover at lower frequencies than 80Hz 2) use one beefy 15 Inch sub instead of 4 10 inch or 4 12 inch as it will be supported by my speakers (unless my room is...
  9. A

This doesn’t make sense. Are you sure? Traditional bass management send bass managed signals to the “LFE” not to all subwoofers.
  10. A

I get why though, otherwise they have to reinvent ART for the LFE channel. If you think about it no other channel can be played by multiple speakers. LFE is the exception. and with ART you have no reason to play LFE equally on multiple subwoofers unless you build your space with traditional...
  11. A

i think there is some misunderstanding, the LFE signal is only ever sent to subwoofers, unless you enable bass duplication (a feature on some AVRs). I think you mean support signals.
  12. A

Value AVR with pre-outs (for Fosi Audio V3 Monos)

I bought my Denon 3800 for 800$. How could you ever match that with the monoblocks? I hope this slaps some sense into you.
  13. A

Is there such thing as sitting too close to speakers?

Yes. Increasing the ratio of direct sound to early reflections that your ear hears is always beneficial. You want reflections to be delayed as much as possible (this is even more beneficial than eliminating them) while still being the far field of the speaker (the threshold where you’re...
  14. A

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

Have any reviews (measurments) came out for the new MIE lineup?
Top Bottom