Recent content by ABall

1. ABall

Do I have to re run Multi Eq for PC app?

Hi folks, been while..... So i just purchased a Sub and re ran all my MultiEQ settings this afternoon. After been unsatisfied with the results I decided to purchase the MultiEQ for PC, I have been trying to import the .ady file from the phone app but it apears I have to re run the calibration...
  2. ABall

I am told my amps wont sound their best on these 98db speakers because they are 250wpc

Wow has it been that long, well I've been thinking about selling 2 sets of my floorstanders to buy small surrounds but not my Kurt's so I guess that answers that. I've swapped my Tannoys and IPLs to the front, both offer lower bass especially the IPLs but I just dont get on with ports and TL's...
  3. ABall

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Thanks Peng, so i think you are saying that only if the room/speakers require more power than the 3800h can provide will preamp mode be better and only then if the volume level is very loud?
  4. ABall

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Hi peng, could you please elaborate a little? are you saying that bellow 1.5v there will be no gain in SINAD if we connect say Nilai500 to FL/FR ? My speakers are 94db so wont require a massive amount of power as my seat is about 3 meters from them. I have the newer 3700h, seems good but I...
  5. ABall

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

This trumps a lower SINAD for me, making FL/FR disconnect on the cheaper model. I will be looking for a second hand 3800 next year when DIRAC is tried and tested.
  6. ABall

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Only thing I can think of is theres just not enough modules to meet the demand for DIY, let's hope it all gets back to some semblance of normal, brexit Britain is bad enough without supply issues.
  7. ABall

How many power supplies would be needed for an 8 channel version?
  8. ABall

Hands up anyone who is already intent on a purchase Monday..... I am looking for a DIY 8 channel amplifier so count me out, keeping a very close eye on this thread though.
  9. ABall

SMSL SU-9 PRO The New King for $499?

With all these DACs lacking features like dsp etc the attractive side is a nice display, my last dac was great but I couldn't read the display from my seat, aprox 3mtrs, this one looks a lot better but I dont know....
  10. ABall

SMSL SU-9 PRO The New King for $499?

Just a heads up, available now. Oh I just noticed they pushed the voltage over 5v so it cant be compared, still looks nice for the money I think, so many DACs to choose from.
  11. ABall

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Your questions where answered in the very next post on that thread. If you dont have balanced head phones there's no point converting the plugs to balanced if the DAC has a single ended option, 1/4" or 3.5. You can use adaptors if they are made correctly but as post No 42 said, there's nothing...
  12. ABall

I built a sub - the Overdrive10

As you say it must be an optical illusion. Or I just drink too much.....
  13. ABall

Thanks, yes it looks like the circle is squared off at 4 edges in Wolfs where yours isn't indicating the internal dims are different to me. Regardless of having a larger outer the cut out for the PR looks as if its about the same dimension as the inner volume so the hole should look the same on...
  14. ABall

Cheers Wolf, I must be crazy building this with so little knowledge of how it actually works but I feel it will be worth it and appreciate the help.
Top Bottom