Recent content by Aafnp

1. A

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

Yeah they’re really 18” deep. They are huge
  2. A

EQ is magic with these speakers. They respond so freaking well. I’ve managed to eq 20-100hz to be pretty even, which means without peaks, I can turn the overall volume/bass higher without disturbing my neighbors. I slightly boosted 100-200hz and dipped 200-300hz to bring out bass guitars a bit...
  3. A

Oh wow, nice! You clearly have less of a bass null in your mlp than I do. I have a serious null between 20-40 hz that requires bass shelves and cranking the subs to potentially mitigate. Problem is that doing that makes the bass too loud for my neighbors, so it kind of helps that I have a bit...
  4. A

I just did a bit more REW tuning and measuring, and this is the best frequency response I could manage in my room. I do like the bass being a bit boosted, and subjectively this tuning sounds good. Any feedback on how to improve?
  5. A

They’re behemoths at about 18” deep.
  6. A

Tested out the used pair successfully and bought them! Turns out they were from one of Paul Allen’s studios. Since there’s a scratch on one of them, I managed to haggle the pair down to $5850. Just level matched the sides, did dirac calibration, eq’ed a bit of mid-bass boost, and integrated my...
  7. A

Dumb question, how do I check whether the limiters work?
  8. A

May pick up a used pair tomorrow for a pretty good price, though one of the speakers has a big surface scratch. Any particular tests I should do to ensure they work and that they’re legit?
  9. A

Would jbl L100 stands work for these speakers in a living room? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109JS120B/JBL-JS120.html
  10. A

Surprisingly enough, my wife likes the look of the 420’s more than the ls60’s. That said, she likes my current atc’s more than either and doesn’t see why I want to upgrade haha
  11. A

Side note: what stands are folks using with these in a living room? How tall of a stand would you need to get the tweeters to ear level?
  12. A

Yeah, in contrast, I’ve heard no shortage of complaints about ls50w/lsx reliability. That’s what makes me most nervous about the ls60. That, and the lack of grills.
  13. A

That’s helpful. Yeah my current atcs are the scm19A’s. The passive/older version of them had terrible measurements according to Amir. But not sure if that means the actives are as bad. If so, then I’d imagine the Neumanns should be an upgrade.
  14. A

If y’all had to choose, would you select ls60’s or kh420’s?
  15. A

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

So I’m looking at replacing my active ATCs. What would be a better bet? Ls60’s or used Neumann kh420’s?
Top Bottom