Recent content by 77Bacon

1. 7

Adcom GFA-535 ii listening review or: Never meet your heroes

After that I bought a Schiit Asgard 3 and ran that without the Loki. The Asgard arguably dulled the sound with its warmth and smoothness. It still sounded good, it was dead quiet but it really pulled a lot of magic from everything but vocals. Piano especially lost most of the air around the...
  2. 7

Next up was ran the phone into a Schiit Loki, then to the amp. That also sounded good and it was nice to be able to adjust the sound.
  3. 7

So as a side bar to this topic I picked up a Proton A-1150 and spent several hours listening to that last night, run directly by the Iphone as before, same favorite recordings and Revel 105. This amp absolutely killed the Adcom in terms of SQ and seemed like a warmer sound than the 9010, its...
  4. 7

I'm not familiar with digital formats, but I'm using Amazon HD as the app on the Iphone. On that topic, I've tried to tell the difference between the standard formats and the HD versions and cannot.
  5. 7

The Adcom may indeed be old and not performing due to that alone. I can omit testing bias and basic connection errors, unless the bias works in reverse too because I was expecting the Adcom to sound at least as good. I also had the 9010 set in bypass mode (tone controls). I thought running...
  6. 7

So, this is is sort of a listening review followed by a couple questions because I’m new to mid-fi gear. If you can help out with the questions I’d appreciate it. I recently picked up a GFA-535ii off the Bay and did some critical listening for about 4 hours last night. Until last night, I was...
Top Bottom