Recent content by 73hadd

1. 7

Develop a metric for CD Transport and CD Player performance

If you saved the files I think you just have to run the commands.
  2. 7

I will be happy with the conclusion found after reviewing data. It could be zero difference, one percent, or maybe closer to the CD ROM variance of 9%. Apologies to anyone reading this and found it a waste of time.
  3. 7

Stateful data transmission with error correction is different.
  4. 7

Thank you! Can you also use the CLI feature as noted here? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/beta-test-deltawave-null-comparison-software.6633/post-1117064 C:\Bin> DeltaWave "z:\test\reference.wav" "z:\test\comparison.wav" "z:\test\output.txt" I am sure the results...
  5. 7

My apologies, my first post isn't very clear, I am going to clean it up. The goal is to record performance data on spdif outputs, similar to what is available on the dbpoweramp forum for ripping drives. I understand you are not interested in participating. I also believe it is unfair to...
  6. 7

Your comment is an anecdote until the data is published. Can you re-do your test and publish the DeltaWave %? The advent of DeltaWave is the key to making this interesting. I have been told that CD ROM uses the same error correction as CD for audio? If all ripped .wav output was equal...
  7. 7

The test is intended to find out whether or not the audio bits are different.
  8. 7

Thank you. Can you replicate your testing using the method above and publish the data?
  9. 7

I think I have incorrectly explained the test and also the goal. Thanks @MC_RME for pointing it out. The intent was not to compare ripping to playing. The intent was to compare spdif output from one device to spdif from another. Seeing the output as a % from DeltaWave added the required...
  10. 7

Inaudible? probably. "error free" and "bit perfect" definitely not. This is audio and not files. Evidence is referenced in the first post: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?43786-CD-Drive-Accuracy-2019 I was hoping that someone would have actually run the test by now. I may...
  11. 7

Amp upgrade for JBL M2 (would be submitted for testing)

A Harman rep strongly recommended the Crown DSi 2.0 amps as being quiet (chassis noise and through speakers) and also capable to import the M2 dsp tuning file. Has anyone tried them? For the minidsp Flex, does it have "enough FIR taps" to render dsp similar to the original M2 tuning file?
  12. 7

Amir, we need your Salon2 spins

Maybe it's not "over" but, what's the next step? Thanks @amirm ! (no pun intended about stairs/steps)
  13. 7

PS Audio FR30 speakers

I wasn't joking! https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amir-we-need-your-salon2-spins.15480/
  14. 7

JBL 4367 review by Erin

Thanks @fitero , I believe the JBL SDEC is the same as a BSS DSP unit? Can you share some of the creative ways around the hiss? I can see the desire for a passive system considering the cost, amplifier specs, physical noise, implied non-SOTA dac performance, and audible hiss provided in the...
Top Bottom