Recent content by 6th0

1. 6

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

I had to put in an RMA with Apos. The replacement took about 10 days to the US from China. So far no recurring issues.
  2. 6

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

Update: while troubleshooting I find that if I keep the SU-9n unpowered for a while, the static will go away when it comes back on. I left it unplugged overnight, got about 20 minutes of play, then it started cutting in and out, then all static. This was true whether it was through the AO200...
  3. 6

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

Add me to the list! I bought one a little over a year ago and this morning had random static via RCA and my L630 and also via XLR and my SMSL AO200. I sent a service request to Apos. They've been helpful to me in the past with other RMA issues.
  4. 6

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

I for one welcome our SOTA overlords...
  5. 6

Mismatched Subs for 2.2 Nearfield?

Hello, I picked up another sub at an auction, a Totem Thunder with a 10" active and 2 x 10" passives. My current sub is an M&K MX-200 isobaric dual 12" sitting under my desk. Because I have nothing better to do with it for now (besides selling it for more gear!) would there be any issues dual...
  6. 6

Independent measurements of Ascend Acoustics Sierra-LX?

Agreed, hence "probably"--I could get them and not be impressed. I sure have a lot of both audio and non-audio purchases that really didn't justify the expectation or cost and were sent back. Objective measurements are a good start, though. I'm also not golden eared, so there is a huge amount...
  7. 6

Independent measurements of Ascend Acoustics Sierra-LX?

If tests in the wild are close to what has been published by Ascend, these are likely my next purchase and probably end-game for my desktop nearfield system.
  8. 6

Rek O Kut Ultra Phono Preamplifier Review

Ahem, you may want to reconsider. You may have missed it, but it does include the word "Ultra" in the name and that can't be for nothing. I might have to speak to your manager.
  9. 6

Definitive Technology (Def Tech) BP7006/BP7004/BP7002 - BP8954MOD

I haven't soldered since high school, so I made quite the damned mess. It looks like a took out a couple of traces, too, so even if I were to scrape away the silkscreen I wouldn't have a trace to connect to. Instead, I'm just going to disconnect the amps from the subs, replace the quick...
  10. 6

OK, so I tried this fix and like you, knocked off a ton of copper pads. How did you "find the nearest hole that corresponded to the pad" and stick an SMD in it? What a mess!
  11. 6

Did you replace the 6800uf, 100V caps? If so, what part number did you use?
  12. 6

JBL Studio 530 Speaker Review

I used a BIC F12, which is a rather low-end sub but good enough for my desktop setup and cheap! Wait until it dips under $200, though. I replaced it with an M&K MX-200 I picked up for a steal, otherwise I'd still use it.
  13. 6

I used it on my desk, too! I had a DAC that had volume and the amp which also had volume. I set the DAC to 65% of volume to the amp because above that there was clipping. With the MX5, it should be fine to drive the speakers. What you will want to watch out for is that the volume will...
  14. 6

I've used an inexpensive 3E SY-DAP1002 I bought from Ali Express without any issue. http://www.3e-audio.com/category/finished-amp/
  15. 6

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

USB from PC using an iFi iDefender and iSilencer to cut down on the static when I move the mouse SMSL SU-9N DAC XLR cable from SU-9N to an SMSL AO200 amp RCA cable from SU-9N to a Topping L30 for Koss KPH30iK headphones M&K S-125 speakers M&K MX-200 dual 12" isobaric sub The M&K speakers and...
Top Bottom