617's latest activity

617 reacted to ctrl's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    So, now it's time for the criticism of the targeted crossover frequency of the bass module or the bass module itself. Roughly above...
    617 reacted to sigbergaudio's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    No, we considered crowdfunding in the early days, but there are not a lot of audiorelated crowdfunding projects. Also in general the...
    617 reacted to Lbstyling's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    All the experiments for Designing the 8c cardioid cabinet have been linked to by me earlier in the thread (DIYaudio). You have what you...
    617 replied to the thread Directiva r2 project.
    At the risk of looking like an idiot, is there any reason in a domestic setting to use cardioid radiation below 200hz or so? Any in...
    617 reacted to voodooless's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    Isn’t a Seos waveguide kind of unobtainium? Even more so outside of the US. Even a 3D printed custom design might be more approachable...
    617 reacted to TimVG's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    What I'm implying is, one could start off with a similar top (2-way, active or passive) and design different bass modules to fit...
    617 reacted to dc655321's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    Cardioid AND cat-approved?!? What magic is this?
    617 reacted to TimVG's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    Would be happy to from January onward if that suits the timetable. I agree on the modular enclosure for testing purposes. FYI the lead...
    617 reacted to voodooless's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    It will cost additional time for sure, but material cost can be limited greatly with some clever engineering upfront. One does not need...
    The entire history of loudspeaker design is people imagining things that are audible and important and then spending enormous amounts of...
    617 reacted to fluid's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    I don't want to drag this thread way off course so if you want more than this it should be somewhere else. Most distortion is 2nd or...
    617 reacted to ctrl's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    Theoretically, kind of. I haven't tried it, so I can't say how realistic the result is. With the available 4 or 8 ohm drivers, the...
    617 reacted to sarumbear's post in the thread Directiva r2 project with Like Like.
    The H-Frame explained in the article was applied in the Bose Canon subwoofer. It was a huge device but worked pretty well. See below...
    Overrated: Koss Porta Pro
    Here is the music and design page on damped u frame woofer, which offer a cardioid like radiation...
Top Bottom