Recent content by 57gold

1. 57gold

AUDIOPHONICS HPA-DM750ET - end game power amp?

Believe that the beauty of this amp is its performance into 2 ohm loads with its higher current delivery and ability to deliver 1,200 watts into such very low impedance loads. The NCx500, which seems to be limited to 700 watts in the various available implementations, would easily handle 95%+...
  2. 57gold

Sorry, had to read details. Custom input buffer with TI op amp, replaceable it appears. Thought I read that Purif was going to produce their own power supply to run these very high current amp modules...?
  3. 57gold

No mention of input board or ability to change op amps? Need one of these amps for my Aerial 10Ts...
  4. 57gold

Weiss DAC205 DAC Review

What am I missing? Read an interview with Daniel Weiss who claimed he did not "listen" to his products, he relied upon engineering and measurements to design and test his products. As a musician and a music lover, I appreciate well designed/engineered equipment, but it has to sound great in my...
  5. 57gold

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Thanks for the answers. Seen the word ATMOS but had no idea what it was other than some kind of audio for movies. Had to look up what HTPC abbreviates. No subwoofer for my TV, though I guess I could get a Sonos one? Have enough trouble dealing with Sony TV app, Fire Stick and cable...
  6. 57gold

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

I'm confused, not being an AV enthusiast. Have a Sonos soundbase under my TV. What are all the channels for? Who needs/uses 7 HDMI inputs and 4 subwoofer outputs???
  7. 57gold

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Couple of questions for the smart folks here: Is this unit powered from what it's connected to? See a cable to hook up an iPhone with USB C to Lightning, assuming a USB C to USB C cable to hook up to a Mac Book would work? Use an Amazon Fire HD 10 to watch movie/TV downloads on flights (as well...
  8. 57gold

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

Matias - Muchas gracias amigo.
  9. 57gold

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

Apollon's products look well-designed and engineered. I applaud their investment in offering both utilitarian forms and more elegant designs giving potential customers choices of how they spend their resources. Had read that Purifi was planning to offer an additional very high power/high...
  10. 57gold

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report

Had similar experience at my first audiophile show in Tampa a couple of months ago. Listened to several ultra high end speakers, in ultra high end systems and then stumbled into the Joseph Audio room and was amazed that their diminutive monitors filled the room with full frequency and accurate...
  11. 57gold

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Read it here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-purifi-amplifiers-coming.34210/
  12. 57gold

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Read somewhere, perhaps here, that Purifi was introducing a high current version of the 1ET7040SA, maybe a module that is bridgeable? Was I reading this or dreaming it? Thanks.
  13. 57gold

Gustard A26 DAC & Streamer Review

Actually, believe I underscored that your point was pointless. Ten builders build an form of an instrument and because of wood inconsistencies, design nuances, construction and finish processes...they are all going to sound different, like themselves, what sounds better is a value judgment of...
  14. 57gold

So, what is the objective standard? You gonna come up with "perfect" measurements of a 16" archtop, with a 25" scale, Eastern maple body, Adirondack spruce top, bronze 13-58 strings, ebony fretboard...? Sounds like dumb ass application of electronic engineering to musical instruments. Oh...
  15. 57gold

So, the science equals: minimum design spec components is all one needs. Any "upgrade" like better power supply, construction elements that control/impede vibrations or enhance cooling are window dressing and a skinny trace on a cheap board made of low end components is cool...as long as they...
Top Bottom