Recent content by 3rutu5

1. 3

Hello, tell me if i'm mad, but i would like to....

I'm thinking of repurposing my old 2.5" satellite speakers that came with my Logitech z-2300 2.1 setup. Was thinking of doing a small t line or horn, but struggling to find any t)s parameters for them. Will definitely use the stuffing for that one. Each one of these builds I seem to pick...
  2. 3

Thanks, that cabinet isn't actually the t line, my PC speakers are and I can still add to it as the length is technically a bit short. I bought a box of acoustic squares for this.big sound bar thing
  3. 3

All done....as mentioned further in the post, this was a recycling job with my 15 year old 2/3 way towers, center channel being made into this bookshelf/radiogram thing to use as a home entertainment setup. My son broke another tv so I made a screen protector with 6,mm perspex as well. In this...
  4. 3

hey guys, haven't really closed this one out have i :) since posting and starting this build i have built a powered T Line and Bluetooth box, both experimenting with random styles and techniques, which has been fun. Utilising some of the skills from a 180deg kerfing project on the BT, i went...
  5. 3

guys, just to give a progress report on the radiogram :) ....we have hit a dozen hurdles along the way which prevented me having enough disposable income to spend on my 2 way speakers, which mean having to be creative on the run. I know this may infuriate most audiophiles, but i matched the...
  6. 3

Guys, i know this will sound like a dumb follow on and i could see that having woofers out of vertical alignment is a no no, but what about the tweeter? considering the size of the tweeter and the plastic lip/surround (over double the size) i was thinking i could trim the plastic if it is...
  7. 3

Unfortunately the tweaters will be about 400-450mm above the ground, so more than likely below the persons ears sitting in front of it. I just turned the speakers 90 degs and pumped some thumpy music through it. I dont know if it is in my head, but i could pick up on some difference to standing...
  8. 3

Trying my best to not create a randomogram, feels like it at the moment. Will have to look at what is available, I don't believe i know anyone who has done the crossover work before, so might need a bit of Doc Google to see whats involved before i make a decision.
  9. 3

Sounds like I have two options.....a) turn the towers on their side and blast some music through them to see how they sound, or b) look at getting a set of 6's or 6.5 and maybe a tweeter or smaller full range speaker.
  10. 3

@andreasmaaan based on the feedback re speaker configuration yesterday do you see any issues with rotating the config 90 degrees but maintaining the spacing etc? thinking I can fit them in without cramming them in. Been doing most of.the work at my folks place due to the tools, took the kids...
  11. 3

wow.....this was actually pretty close to what i first sketched...just without the cool middle display/amp. now i know what a radiogram is, i have all new source material for ideas.
  12. 3

pretty sure that or something similar was in my images for inspiration. Very nice looking unit. although that is sleek and mine is 2m long.
  13. 3

lol, always trying to be different to the masses
  14. 3

damn....just measured them, wont fit....might have to slightly offset the tweeter
  15. 3

very good point. guess i will be installing them as is in the same arrangement. Didnt think of that, just assumed that matching the volume was the first step and the board has it set up to work like a component speaker.
Top Bottom