Recent content by 3125b

1. 3125b

Subwoofer Comparison

In-room subs of this kind and size will all extend below 20Hz without issue. Just get what is cheapest or fits your space best or looks the meanest ... whatever is important to you. You could maybe consider the Rythmik FV18 as well, that thing is massive and comparable in output to the Monoprice...
  2. 3125b

Subwoofer Comparison

Well there's a 9dB offset because one was measured at 1m vs. 2m for the other. Corrected for that: Frequency HSU (all ports open) (SPL @2m) Monoprice (all ports open) (SPL @2m) 20Hz 108.3 113.4 31.5Hz 116.2 120.1 50Hz 117 121.5 80Hz 118.7 121.8 The Monoprice unsurprisingly is able...
  3. 3125b

Kali Audio LP-UNF

Meh, the score is a way to put a single grade on speakers based on far-field use. It doesn't tell the whole story and it's not really what these speakers are meant for.
  4. 3125b

Subwoofer recommendation with (built in) room correction, for $500 euros or less

https://www.elektrowelt24.eu/shop/product_info.php?refID=31234&products_id=6594 Cheapest I could find it at 339€, they offer international shipping on an individual basis. EVen with expensive shipping that's still gonna be much less. The SUB 3010 seem like a decent option, check if you can...
  5. 3125b

Kali Audio LP-UNF

There aren't any photos of the back of these speakers that are good enough to definitely determine this (could you take one?), but I'm pretty sure that's because they used the wrong terminal. There are different PCB terminals for this system, it appers Kali used the basic type with open sides...
  6. 3125b

Kali Audio LP-UNF

These are probably the connectors, I'd assume Kali would use the standard 5.08mm grid dimension: https://www.phoenixcontact.com/de-de/produkte/leiterplattenstecker-mstb-25-4-st-508-1757035 (screw terminal) or...
  7. 3125b

Kali Audio LP-UNF

Vertical directivity is a lot better than I expected. And they can play reasonably loud. Not too shabby for the money. One big miss though is the exclusion of a subwoofer output. That would have made them perfect.
  8. 3125b

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Comparing this to an RME hardly makes sense. The ADI-2 Pro, which I think is their first prosumer device with USB, was originally released in 2016 for 1599€. It’s not ancient, but it predates the high-performance Chinese DACs we‘re used to now. It’s a lot more sophisticated than this is with...
  9. 3125b

Kali WS 6.2 vs WS 12 Sub: (Studio Use with occasional small gig use)

It seems to be exactly the same as the V1 except 250€ more expensive. It has almost the same specs, the only difference I can see there is the upper cutoff frequency which is irrelevant for you. The housing is also the same, as is the amp (apart from some differences in print).
  10. 3125b

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

For ten grand they couldn't come up with something better? From an circuit design standpoint that is just so lazy. It's a bit weird that balanced output is 3.6V and unbalanced more than half at standard 2V. Underwhelming, but at least it's not broken.
  11. 3125b

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

It has preamp output, and any sub I‘ve seen has a low pass filter. Can‘t really expect a crossover at that price, actual AVRs start at about double this. Edit: Not sure if those are line or pre outputs, actually. The latter are usually labeled as the former, but who knows. I can measure that if...
  12. 3125b

Power amp under $250 -- does this thing exist?

XLR input isn't necessary unless the amp is an IEC Class I device (with ground). I was in a similar situation and went for the SMSL DA-9 about a year ago. There might be better options now. It has worked well for me though, using it with a pair of KEF R5 at my desk. The noise level is...
  13. 3125b

Don't buy banana plug from this site

I don't see the point of 4mm connectors at all for that kind of application. Just crimp on some decent lugs and use the screw connectors, it's not like you take that connection apart every couple days.
  14. 3125b

Buchardt Audio SUB10

15.5mm to meet their spec. Seems to me the product is completely finalized and entering production given the shipping date.
  15. 3125b

Never buying used audio gear on the internet again

Looks rough, seems like somebody repaird it rather badly. If it works without issue I'd leave it alone for now, you can always fix it when it breaks. I'd use an antistatic brush with some alcohol and distilled water (depending on the kind of dirt, lemonade cleans up with water, flux with...
Top Bottom