Recent content by 12Many

1. 1

How Much Current is Needed & Amp Voltage

Thanks for posting that. I had another thread where i was wondering about amp output voltages. It is interesting to see the values scale as watts increase.
  2. 1

Energy Transfer Question - Crossover and Amp - Vertical Biamping

Thanks. Wow - that is a lot of info. Maybe someday I will go in that direction.
  3. 1

No - I have a basic system. Streamer to DAC (with built in volume control) to amp to speakers.
  4. 1

How Much Current is Needed & Amp Voltage

I have two more questions that I am having a hard time understanding or finding answers to on the web. 1. I saw the specs on this amp: Coda S5.5 amplifier has 50 watts into 8 ohms, 100 watts into 4 ohms and 200 watts into 2 ohms all class A. It can output 100 amps. My speakers dip down...
  5. 1

I have considered it but I don't want to mess with my speakers and the crossover is in the speaker.
  6. 1

Amplifier Voltage Output - I should know this

Thanks everyone. Super helpful.
  7. 1

I found this link https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/amplifier-slew-rate so my second set of questions are answered. Thanks.
  8. 1

Here is another questions I should know the answer too, but don't. When we turn up the volume, it is the voltage level across the speaker (across the amp output) that is increasing correct? And, the current draw from the amp is dependent on the impedance of the speaker and the voltage across...
  9. 1

Perceived Recording Fidelity

Interesting. Thanks.
  10. 1

Perceived Recording Fidelity

What are your thoughts on that recording?
  11. 1

No. Mostly I did not understand what happened to the signal. I knew the amp was amplifying the full band signal, but I also knew the low frequency energy was not hitting mid/tweeter driver. Did not fully understand what was occurring. For a number of reasons, I do like the idea of biamping...
  12. 1

So I am struggling to understand something in the the context of passive vertical biamping to a speaker with two sets of binding posts in relation to the speakers internal crossover. The power output of the amp is determined by the volume control since the speakers seem to be a predefined...
  13. 1

Actual Double Blind Studies

Good post. The biggest variable is the person listening, their experience, and hearing quality.
Top Bottom