Recent content by 12B4A

1. 12B4A

Apple iOS 16 will include Ear scanning technology to improve Spacial Audio!

I tried this out a month or two ago with Apple's selected list of demo music (Atmos Essentials or something like that) and it sounded like a better, more sophisticated "woweee it's 3Deeee" effect. While out walking around with AirPods Pro gen1, it made the music on my own playlists wander around...
  2. 12B4A

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

It wouldn't be surprising if the eq is decent for whichever panel was measured (-1 or -2) but not optimal for the other panel in the pair since left/right have different tunings due to the asymetric placement of the panel attachment dots. I haven't read every sentence of every post but this...
  3. 12B4A

This is a fair comment. Since my comment was also made in the context of this subset of a subset, I don't think it can be binned as misleading nor hyperbole.
  4. 12B4A

Bring up a counterpoint, otherwise you're just ad hominem.
  5. 12B4A

No. I'd expect more bass but it'd be reasonable to expect little to no change in the treble and midrange. The context here is a pair of $650 speakers and 2K for the 1.7i (no 20.1 or 30.1). The silent inference is that one can do far better in this price range than maggies. If people have a...
  6. 12B4A

Late to the thread but I'm not surprised by the measurements at all. I had a brand new pair of maggie 1.7i's still within the return window when I quickly set up a pair of LSR305s next to them. After about a minute of the 305s playing, I had enough to know the 1.7i's were going back. I don't...
  7. 12B4A

JBL 705P Studio Monitor Review

I've been real happy with the 5 units I bought once consumers were able to purchase. My memory is crap but I remember not seeing that narrow dip out in the room but only when I measured when the mic was 1m from the speaker. I never heard it at my listening position while incrementing through the...
  8. 12B4A

Charles Sprinkle's Kali Audio LP-6

In Rouslan's teardown of the 305, he claims to have found the source of the hiss as 400khz power supply parasitics leaking in to the analog input because of PCB layout. He mentions that a star grounding scheme would alleviate this compared to the ground plane/pour. If this is the case, achieving...
  9. 12B4A

Evidence-based Speaker Designs

I think this could be done with magnepans by just slightly canting the fixed magnets assembly a little so that their field strength has a weaker interaction with the ribbon the further up the assembly.
  10. 12B4A

Evidence-based Speaker Designs

Invert a 2nd one and stack it on top and:
  11. 12B4A

Dirac Unison

Update for 2019:
  12. 12B4A

JBL 705P / 708P

If they did, they don't mention it anywhere in the manual nor in their promotional material. This is what describes the RJ45 port: HiQnet PORT – This port allows feature updates as they become available
  13. 12B4A

JBL 705P / 708P

I've not seen anything to indicate that the 7Pseries HiQNet port can be used to receive audio data.
  14. 12B4A

JBL 705P / 708P

ADC used in 7 series.
  15. 12B4A

Amp Camp Amp Pre-Orders

The M2 does look interesting because of the interstage xfmr. I don't have direct experience but it seems the Sony VFET might be more aligned with your goals. Of course, the problem is finding the parts but SS devices with triode curves seem like the right foundation.
Top Bottom