• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
While pondering about the layout, $349 aked for that level of build quality alone (not taking into account R&D) does not seem justified at least. It's like a throwback to their early TDA7298, TPA3116 amps from maybe 2014. No comparison to clean contemporary builds by Gustard e/g.
What is troubling you then?

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Screenshot_20211203-165758~2.png

Might be wrong here.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I see the pics just fine?

The wire solder to the binding posts isn't very pretty but soldering to big heatsinky posts is harder than it looks.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
So no pics anymore.:rolleyes:
Hopefully everyone is fine though.

(edit: seemed like a momentary server issue, pics are now visible again.)
Some posts with massive amounts of photos like this one has, can take extra time to load up and on occasion can trigger an Approval request. The Approval requested is sent to the Moderation Team for review before it will fully publish here. It’s a website safety function and it’s automated. This may explain the delay in all those pictures being fully published/viewable. Hope that clarifies.

Now I have to run and return My Dear Leader’s (Xi Jinping) phone call! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Calleberg

Clean build, the ribbon cable from the TRS inputs is not going to satisfy proper audiofools though :) Layout looks like "TPA INSIDE" First Class LC filter components, with what I suspect is intelligent placement of Inductors. 5 Segment Pot by the looks of it? The 5th segment might be a switch. Is there a CLICK in either extreme of that pot?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom