• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has civility on ASR declined recently?

Svperstar

Way late to this thread but its not nearly as bad some other forums. Any of you guys tried posting on SBA? When you have an entire forum started by people because they were banned from Head-Fi because of their angry attitudes you know you are getting off to a bad start lol.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

JRS

Major Contributor
That with OT has been an eternal and livabde discussion on all sorts of forums I have been to. These are not natural laws we are talking about here. This is what those who decide on the forum's focus, policy, rules and so on choose it should be.Then take into account what Killdozzer wrote in the thread above. The complexity and how things can be connected. So what exactly is OT?:)

Then what is OT? Say a thread about sharing tips on making mussels in white wine. So are tips on oysters in white wine OT? Mussels in red wine? Suggest recipes for mussels with more lemon than than wine in the sauce? Suggestions for beef fillet and pepper sauce? Or in that thread tips on how to wash the car in the best way?
I abhor all molluscs except scallops, but highly recommend the film Mussel Shoals.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...We don't let trolls fester...
... and you are disparaging real Trolls
Snag_f2de260.png

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a text snippet i collected somewhere, the original author is unknown as far as i can tell.
Perhaps, work of the devil we call "auto-correct"?

egellings

Major Contributor
Audio is a lot like politics, in which devotees of various kinds of equipment entrench into camps and defend the fort.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think everybody on this planet is a bit edgy and pissed off, for obvious reasons. Hopefully this too shall pass.
When anonymousE said "misery loves company"; I don't think there was any intention of including "everybody on this planet"!
So, I will admit that I am really no more ticked-off or closer to the edge than any time before. YMMV

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I've noted improvement since this thread launched. Let's face it, things haven't been normal for almost 2 years now.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've noted improvement since this thread launched.

How is that possible? Do all the offenders actually read this, or are the main offenders participating here? Neither option sounds very credible.

pk500

When anonymousE said "misery loves company"; I don't think there was any intention of including "everybody on this planet"!
So, I will admit that I am really no more ticked-off or closer to the edge than any time before. YMMV
You're either a mental giant or very lucky if these COVID times haven't affected you mentally at all. Congrats -- sincerely!

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've noted improvement since this thread launched. Let's face it, things haven't been normal for almost 2 years now.
Ditto that, although there really is no such thing as "normal." Normality is an illusion. And if there was a drive toward "normal" by ASR members these discussions would become really, really boring.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
How is that possible? Do all the offenders actually read this, or are the main offenders participating here? Neither option sounds very credible.
Maybe they were busy cooking or overeating here in the US.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I think statistically the overeating thing has been going on for decades now in the US :facepalm:
Do you know this was a holiday weekend? No country is perfect. There are some things about Holland, but I will refain from bringing them up here.

Top Bottom