• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Sorry I meant 100x. So will you do it again if your devialet blows up?

Well, I got mine second hand, although it's still probably 100x.

Would I spend 100x again if the Devialet blows up?

Sure, but I might go a different route, try some McIntosh or Mark Levinson gear.

Last edited:

Amplifier dude

Well, I got mine second hand, although it's still probably 100x.

Would I spend 100x again if the Devialet blows up again?

Sure, but I might go a different route, try some McIntosh or Mark Levinson gear.
But why would you do it unless you actually think it sounds better?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Everyone can make their choices, of course. I'll not make myself funny at your expense (on Hegel's another thing).:)

Oh, don't worry, I've been here a long time.

I'm pretty comfortable being accused of stupid spending.

@Sal1950 has been scoffing at my vinyl for half a decade.

Although I draw the line at cable voodoo and power conditioners.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What many don’t understand is a segment of the audiophile community prefers the objective quality to be poor. Why do you think there’s such a large market for tube amps? Surely you’ve heard of subjectivist forums, tube amps, crazy tweaks etc. It’s that stuff that sells for the most.
You are applying a transitive property where there is none. No one wants their tube amps to be poorly engineered either.

Amplifier dude

You are applying a transitive property where there is none. No one wants their tube amps to be poorly engineered either.
People who buy tube amps don’t know any better or else they wouldn’t buy tube amps. The best engineering is the engineering that results in the best performance. Otherwise it’s just abstract art. Which could be beautiful in anyones eyes regardless of performance.

ac3dtsthx

Hegel wished it was April Fools Day not Thanksgiving!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m not arguing that. What I’m saying is the objectivist market is becoming dominated by the Chinese. So if you decide you want to enter the same market, and your costs to get the same product to the consumer is 3-4x what it costs your competition, good luck.
I think Hegel would be foolish to not think that they are already in the same market. We can thank Amir for that, at least in part.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
People who buy tube amps don’t know any better or else they wouldn’t buy tube amps. The best engineering is the engineering that results in the best performance. Otherwise it’s just abstract art. Which could be beautiful in a homes eyes regardless of performance.

I have an RME ADI-2 Pro headphone amp DAC/ADC

*and*

a Schiit Mjolnir 2 hybrid tube headphone amp.

I know which one is better -- the one hooked up to my DAW.

I know which one is more fun after a few drinks -- the one that glows in the dark.

Amplifier dude

I think Hegel would be foolish to not think that they are already in the same market. We can thank Amir for that, at least in part.
They aren’t in the same market. The Chinese sell direct to consumer, and use forums like this to advertise. Hegel sells through a distributor/dealer network, and sells products based on in person audition.

DanielT

Major Contributor
Oh, don't worry, I've been here a long time.

I'm pretty comfortable being accused of stupid spending.

@Sal1950 has been scoffing at my vinyl for half a decade.

Although I draw the line at cable voodoo and power conditioners.
It sounds good. Sensible attitude. I do not know if I think Hegel is that cool but you seem to be.:)

By the way. Norway has created a lot of good things, for example

Decent engineers and good boat builders are my neighbors.

Edit:
By the way, do not look at that rather silly series Vikings. Here better cannons:

Attachments

• vikingaskepp-ny-teknik (1).jpg
    vikingaskepp-ny-teknik (1).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Amplifier dude

I build all my own audio gear. And I still hate audio gear. I only build it because I want to hear my music in the best way possible. If I could do that from a system that’s completely invisible, I’d be all over it. I guess that’s why I do SOTA active in wall speakers.

Top Bottom