• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Introductions

Paul_B

Hi, new here and loving the DAC reviews...

A good 90% of my music listening is done with Headphones. I've been using an original (& rev B) ODAC since it came out. First with an O2 amp, then 'The Wire' SE-SE headphone amp design by OPC on DIYAudio. All driving a set of Sennheiser HD650.

Now looking to get a second set of Headphones, most likely the MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed. Plus, just ordered the SMSL M8A v2 DAC... Was looking at the JDS Labs EL DAC, and the Topping D50. However, local (UK) availability meant it was quicker & cheaper to get the M8A.

Probably won't be that active on the site, as I'm fairly happy with the different setups I use for Audio. I found the site while looking for reviews on different DACs.

I've included a few images of DIY projects I've completed over the years; 4 channel class D amp, miniDSP's miniSHARC, 2 x 2 channel low power amps, Frugal Horn 3 full-range speakers (Mark Audio A7.3 drivers) and my last set of speakers which use 4 x 8" Peerless and 2 x Mark Audio A7.3 with digital XO @ 350Mhz.

Class_D_1.JPG
DSP4.JPG
LPUHP_2_compairing.JPG
FH3_3.JPG
baffle_11.jpg

Paul.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Where did you get that case with the perforated mounting plate? That looks really handy!

OP
P

Paul_B

Oh flip, can't remember of the top of my head, had it about 5 years ... however, It's a 2U rack-mount enclosure with custom made front & rear panels for the miniSHARC volume control & digital I/O boards.

If I can find who it was purchased from, I'll let you know.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
OP
P

Paul_B

Where did you get that case with the perforated mounting plate? That looks really handy!

Right, found the answer in a post I made just over 4 years ago, on the miniDSP's forum pages ... the 2U Heavy (Pesante) case was supplied by Modushop, the internal perforated bases are listed under 'Spare Parts'.

The panels were done using Front Panel Designer by Schaeffer AG ... miniDSP very kindly supplied the drawings for the Digi-FP and Vol-FP boards.

Reactions: SIY
Top Bottom