• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski linking another new parametric EQ plugin thats available across Windows and Mac. Made by Eventide Audio that make many DAW plugins. Split EQ

hyperknot

@Doodski, can you add a not to ProQ 3, all Q values need to be multiplied by 1.41? Otherwise it is doing totally wrong calculations.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski, can you add a not to ProQ 3, all Q values need to be multiplied by 1.41? Otherwise it is doing totally wrong calculations.
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you please elaborate a bit for me.

hyperknot

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you please elaborate a bit for me.
Pro Q3 uses a different system for the Q values, meaning that you cannot just use the Q values what you find here or on GitHub. You need to multiply each Q value by 1.41 (precisely sqrt(2)) to match the other EQs.

Here is the thread where I found this:

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Pro Q3 uses a different system for the Q values, meaning that you cannot just use the Q values what you find here or on GitHub. You need to multiply each Q value by 1.41 (precisely sqrt(2)) to match the other EQs.

Here is the thread where I found this:
Alrighty. I added links to the description. I was running out of room for text on the one text line.:D

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
USB Audio Player Pro is apparently not compatible with the Pixel 6. Is there a workaround or did I just lose this software?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-073011.png
    Screenshot_20211111-073011.png
    403.7 KB · Views: 86

807Recordings

Maybe a stupid question regarding IOS devices like ipad or iphone and Apple Music but many of these EQ's I have noticed never say they support Apple Music Streaming, and yet alone in lossless. Is this correct?

lofiguy

I don't understand why Audiohijack [sic; it's actually Audio Hijack] is described as "not bit perfect"? All equalizers are by definition not bit perfect ...

Also, all hosting software that works for routing on the Mac is not bit perfect, AFAIK. Or rather, it's not up to them. The source app will have its own volume control and it's up to that app to have unity gain setting or not. Almost all do not, apparently.

There's a second thing going on with sample rate. Audio Hijack does not follow the source's sample rate if it changes. If that's what the "not bit perfect" is about then that should be annotated. But anyway it's listed as an equalizer -- which is just one of its functions. Which is really executed by a built-in AU plugin for that function. Anyway I refer back to my original point that equalizers are not bit perfect by definition.

Top Bottom