• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Music HD same price as Spotify. :D

SeriousApple

782f9b2f0386d6d449297dbb98bf3aab.jpg

Amazon music hd is same price as spotify and it has lossless music on it much better than spotify. No artifacts no bad conversions. The future is here and now. PS. If you dont like amazon music hd get apple music. Why pay for spotify when you can get lossless music for same amount of money. Only thing is Apple music does not support hi res playback on windows for now.

Last edited:

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
[QUOTE="SeriousApple, post: 874919, member: 29304"
Amazon music hd is same price as spotify and it has lossless music on it much better than spotify. No artifacts no bad conversions. The future is here and now.[/QUOTE]

but will it send me to space?

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
OP
SeriousApple

SeriousApple

Many people dislike amazon, because many reasons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Amazon

The claim of artifacts and bad conversions is bold. Most people won’t hear a real difference.

Many people dislike but handfull compared to people who love amazon. They have done a lot better for the world compared to the negatives.

Also anybody with a hi res playback device and speakers is gonna hear a difference. Spotify sounds a bit muddy and not as crisp.

raindance

Major Contributor
Spotify's database management is more sophisticated. They can actually distinguish between different artists with the same name and they can sort albums by release date. Until Amazon can do this, Spotify is still better. Amazon also has a surprising amount of very similar duplicate albums with very little metadata to allow you to know what/why, which must surely be costing them money. Given the right mastering they (Amazon) might sound a tiny bit better, but the way the equalizer and other audio settings on your device is accessed by each app is so totally different it's beyond many people to set them both up the same for a comparison.

OP
SeriousApple

SeriousApple

Spotify's database management is more sophisticated. They can actually distinguish between different artists with the same name and they can sort albums by release date. Until Amazon can do this, Spotify is still better. Amazon also has a surprising amount of very similar duplicate albums with very little metadata to allow you to know what/why, which must surely be costing them money. Given the right mastering they (Amazon) might sound a tiny bit better, but the way the equalizer and other audio settings on your device is accessed by each app is so totally different it's beyond many people to set them both up the same for a comparison.
I agree what what your saying the search is maybe not as good. But if you exactly type the name of the song if its not that popular it usually comes up. Also i prefer the way Amazon HD looks and the way they suggest music to me. At last Amazon HD will get better and people always have the option of going to apple music. All im saying is why pay for spotify when you an get apple music and amazon music hd with lossless.

Katji

Major Contributor
The software (already mentioned) and Amazon will never have all the non-commercial new music released today - like right now today.

izeek

I agree what what your saying the search is maybe not as good. But if you exactly type the name of the song if its not that popular it usually comes up. Also i prefer the way Amazon HD looks and the way they suggest music to me. At last Amazon HD will get better and people always have the option of going to apple music. All im saying is why pay for spotify when you an get apple music and amazon music hd with lossless.
wellll, considering i didn't hear enough of a difference to make amazon my first choice.
aaand, spotify's library dwarfs amazon's, apple's, add name, in addition to having a better ui.
i found both amazon and tidal to be a bit buggie, also. especially tidal.
spotify is worth my money for just those two conveniences.:cool:

Joe Smith

I tried but could not use Amazon HD - music kept dropping out/lagging, even with my spiffy new Verizon 5G internet hook. No problems with Spotify Family plan and I still like their interface better. Will be nice to get the higher bitrate with no added cost, if that truly does come to pass.

audio2design

Major Contributor
Why pay for spotify when you can get lossless music for same amount of money. Only thing is Apple music does not support hi res playback on windows for now.

For the same reason I have often paid more for a "product" that is arguably inferior or more for the same. Superior service. If you include the dimension of service into the metric, then is Amazon HD superior? Sonically yes, but the I/F is vastly inferior, the discovery is vastly inferior, etc. etc. .... and I have Amazon HD. I only use it for critical listening. On my phone, car, etc. Spotify

AudioSQ

Tell me how to get Amazon HD on my Pi and control it from my phone and maybe I'll consider it.. It's not like Spotify lossless isn't coming later this year.

Katji

Major Contributor
Amazon Music UIX is much like Amazon shop...
Amazon is like a Walmart...like a bazaar, a souk, Apple Music and Spotify like a top mall.
Youtube is much like most Google UIX, it sucks. Youtube Music is much better, it's fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep changing it until it sucks.

Bamyasi

I do not need no stinking UI when I listen to music. And Amazon HD sounds good to my ears.

Bamyasi

Tell me how to get Amazon HD on my Pi and control it from my phone and maybe I'll consider it.. It's not like Spotify lossless isn't coming later this year.
Nobody promised Spotify lossless will be available on the Pi, like its compressed variant. My guess they will try their best to prevent this to avoid potential legal issues. Note, all current open source Spotify players available for platfroms like Raspberry Pi are unofficial hacks. None of them is supported by Spotify in any way and thus may stop working at any moment if/when they change their API.

BN1

We're well into Nov and still little from Spotify about their Hi-Fi service. No firm info on start date, covered regions, price, and devices supported. I'm currently using Spotify free service with ads and mediocre sound quality and I do appreciate the good Spotify UI. Ready to upgrade but Apple and Amazon have now established the market price for lossless CD quality at $10/mo so Spotify needs to get there. AMU HD is looking better as time ticks by.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We're well into Nov and still little from Spotify about their Hi-Fi service. No firm info on start date, covered regions, price, and devices supported. I'm currently using Spotify free service with ads and mediocre sound quality and I do appreciate the good Spotify UI. Ready to upgrade but Apple and Amazon have now established the market price for lossless CD quality at $10/mo so Spotify needs to get there. AMU HD is looking better as time ticks by.

Side note- agree entirely but sadly Amazon from a user experience perspective is not a substitute for Spotify

Ata

Forum Donor

That ship (Spotify lossless) is sailing very, very slowly... In fact, I would say that the lack of lossless Spotify a few weeks before 2022 is upon us is very puzzling and downright worrying, as there can be no technical reason Spotify could take this long to go lossless in this day and age.

I am worried that Spotify's business may be under duress, and adding lossless may accelerate the rate at which they lose money... only a guess.

litemotiv

I am worried that Spotify's business may be under duress, and adding lossless may accelerate the rate at which they lose money... only a guess.

Unfounded: https://investors.spotify.com/finan...-Results-for-Second-Quarter-2021/default.aspx

"Our Premium Subscribers grew 20% Y/Y to 165 million in the quarter, towards the upper end of our guidance range and modestly ahead of forecast. We added 7 million subscribers in Q2, which drove healthy double digit Y/Y growth across all regions."

Ata

Forum Donor
Growth is good, but are they making or burning money?

Top Bottom