• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Toping A90 VS A30PRO

OP
G

galanakop

Ακόμα κι αν το D90SE είχε αυτή την ψηφιακή έξοδο, η χρήση του θα σήμαινε ότι το DAC στα ηχεία θα έκανε τη δουλειά, καθιστώντας το D90SE εντελώς άσκοπο.

Ο καλύτερος τρόπος είναι αυτό που πρότεινα: D90> XLR> A30 Pro> TRS to XLR> 7350> XLR> 8330. Το D90SE θα χειριστεί τον έλεγχο έντασης.
Το A90 παράγει έξοδο XLR ;;; D90 SE> XLR έως A90> XLR σε Genelec.

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Even if the D90SE had that digital output, using it would mean the DAC in the speakers would be doing the work, rendering the D90SE completely pointless.
Genelec 8330 is a DSP speaker, so the analog input goes through ADC. So using the digital inputs avoids unnecessary conversion.

aandres_gm

Genelec 8330 is a DSP speaker, so the analog input goes through ADC. So using the digital inputs avoids unnecessary conversion.
That I didn't know. I only did a quick search to find the ports available.

Το A90 παράγει έξοδο XLR ;;; D90 SE> XLR έως A90> XLR σε Genelec.
Not too sure what you're asking, but why are you talking about the A90 now?

Trell

Major Contributor

I’ve two pairs of 8330A and one 7360A subwoofer that I’ve connected using the analogue inputs. Sounds great and I’m not convinced that using digital input will improve the sound.

OP
G

galanakop

I’ve two pairs of 8330A and one 7360A subwoofer that I’ve connected using the analogue inputs. Sounds great and I’m not convinced that using digital input will improve the sound.
which dad is used ??

Trell

Major Contributor
which dad is used ??

My system with subwoofer uses RME ADI-2 DAC FS while my wife uses a Rode AI-1 that is an audio interface. Earlier I used a Motu M2 as DAC for and headphone amp, and when I bought the ADI-2 the M2 was then only used for mic duties. Now the M2 is replaced for mic duties with a RME UCX II for the features and connectivity it has over the M2.

The major difference among the DACs in sound quality comes down to features and DSP in that I use the Dynamic Loudness feature of the ADI-2, which I like very much. The bass/treble tone controls are handy as well on occasion. I don't use PEQ for the monitors as they are calibrated but I use them on my headphones.

The GLM Kit makes a huge improvement in sound quality when used for room calibration as well as integrating the subwoofer. The kit is around 350 Euro and is very much worth the money.

Last edited:

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Genelecs probably have internal ADCs and DACs good enough to achieve their published specs with all inputs, so there wouldn't be an audible difference.

Raymets1

I own both and to my ears both sound the same. The A90 is fed vía balanced by the MA X-SABRE 3 and the A30Pro via balanced by the MA mini-i Pro 3. If you are planning on driving your headphones via balanced out, then get the A90. Otherwise the A30Pro would give you more power.

View attachment 159631
I own the
I own both and to my ears both sound the same. The A90 is fed vía balanced by the MA X-SABRE 3 and the A30Pro via balanced by the MA mini-i Pro 3. If you are planning on driving your headphones via balanced out, then get the A90. Otherwise the A30Pro would give you more power.

View attachment 159631
I own the Matrix Mini I Pro 3 and was considering buying the A30 pro or the A90 to stack with it. Wanted to know if they improve the sound from the Matrix internal Amp? And which of the two would you recommend?

JoetheLion

Forum Donor
I own the Matrix Mini I Pro 3 and was considering buying the A30 pro or the A90 to stack with it. Wanted to know if they improve the sound from the Matrix internal Amp? And which of the two would you recommend?
I have owned all three. To my ears, the Matrix's headphone amp didn't sound as good as the Toppings. The A90 and the A30Pro sound equally good in my impression. The A30Pro can get quite warm.

Raymets1

I have owned all three. To my ears, the Matrix's headphone amp didn't sound as good as the Toppings. The A90 and the A30Pro sound equally good in my impression. The A30Pro can get quite warm.
The A90 does seem does seem to stack nicer appearance wise with the Matrix.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I own the

It depends the headphones you own. I own Sennheiser HD660s, HiFiman Sundaras and DCA AEON 2 Noire's. The mini-i Pro 3 has no issues driving the HD600s and Sundaras but it struggles just a bit with the Noire's. So basically I use the mini-i Pro 3 with the HD660s and Sundaras and the A90 + MA X-SABRE 3 with my Dynaudio BM5 MKIII speakers + DCA AEON 2 Noire's. Even that the A90 sits on top of the mini-i Pro 3, I only use it with the MA X-SABRE 3.

IMG_0459.jpeg

Top Bottom