• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Darwin

1633819981186.jpeg

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry I mixed my models, I’m following the D30 pro thread as well.

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's another £20 I'd need to spend for each of my headphones. No thanks.
Just buy a 2 euro adapter and be done with it.. or just buy the EX5.

JoeBrooklyn

I can't wait for the DX7 Pro+. All of the above performance improvements plus balanced ins and outs. :)

alekksander

I can't wait for the DX7 Pro+. All of the above performance improvements plus balanced ins and outs. :)
would be surprised if it happens. in my understatement dx3pro+ existence is based purely on deficiency of akm chips. however dx7 pro+ might be reason to sell my d30pro + l30 combo. despite dx7pro (as is) is stuffed with features i don't even educate myself about, having better than d30pro dac+at least l30 performance, but in one box is very tempting.

mslim

would be surprised if it happens. in my understatement dx3pro+ existence is based purely on deficiency of akm chips. however dx7 pro+ might be reason to sell my d30pro + l30 combo. despite dx7pro (as is) is stuffed with features i don't even educate myself about, having better than d30pro dac+at least l30 performance, but in one box is very tempting.

DX7 pro is already using the ESS chip, which is the reason for topping’s recent model revisions following AKM fire.

UltraPro

This, HD6XX, and Apple Music for $100 a year are a pretty unbeatable low cost solution with plenty of lossless on Apple Music. Hard to believe what we can get these days for the cost. I ordered one in black to have at my office at work.
OT: Just wanted to mention that Deezer also offers annual plan at the same price. It's premium tire now plays FLAC files. Deezer is better because it offers high quality audio no matter the platform. Apple Music doesn't offer ALAC for Windows nor Android, or perhaps nowadays for Android, not sure, likely not.

Nicholas B

This device has my name on it - exactly what I need, so, ordered one yesterday. I mostly will not use it with headphones, but rather as a pre-amplifier. It will replace my analogue preamp (Schiit Saga S) as well as separate LDAC bluetooth device (Topping BC3 - I can use this elsewhere.) My three sources all have digital outputs, so this works out nicely in terms of simplification, and improvement in audio quality (even if I may not be able to hear the change.)

AntoniusRoses

Are they good to pair up with Moondrop KATO? Graph shows clipping at 32ohm, but 6w is like a lot of juice already.

TunaBug

Forum Donor
Are they good to pair up with Moondrop KATO? Graph shows clipping at 32ohm, but 6w is like a lot of juice already.

Don't misinterpret the graph. "Clips at X ohms" happens to any amp for some Xohms for some Ywatts. The graph shows clipping at 6W at 32ohm, which is plenty. What if Amir tested it to show it clips at 10kW at 32ohms? Perhaps it would be more obvious that it has more than needed, but I would just interpret the existing graphs as proof that it can deliver more than needed.

My other takeaway of that graph is it shows that perhaps 32 might be the point at which the output section no longer scales to lower impedances.

Last edited:

Wolven

I have dx3pro which keeps shutting itself off once or sometimes twice a month.
Would dx3pro + be a worthy upgrade? Looks like it has 20bits instead of 16bits of clarity.
I basically only listen via speakers connected to RCA.
Thanks

Top Bottom