• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

WilliamF

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks, I had been looking at these. I ordered them at $529 - they are now listed back at $599 on Amazon with most sellers pushing them up to $699..... Supply chain issues seem to be hitting the audio industry as well.
Oh, I thought that was greed.

snaimpally

Madisound has the Hypex UCD180 Stereo kit on sale for $519. Its a "kit" but it comes with the pre-soldered boards, power supply, and case - all you do is assemble everything. 120w/ch into 8 ohms x 2 channels.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried their HiFi Dual ES9038Q2M USB DAC/Amp and it wasn't bad until it hit 85 percent volume and distortion could be heard. Good instrument seperation, and wide sound stage, not deep. It's the value they advertise but reselling it might be a problem. What it did great was line out into an amp with clean power, then it was the same $99 as a Khadas tone board, but with a power supply and case so it was a good deal.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Drop has the SMSL SP200 for $160 at:

Also I just got a DAC at Apos and they didn't charge tax and had free shipping, if they'll price match it you could do even better.

It's not on the master deals page which is odd for such a big discount. On that they have the PC38x on sale for $129 which is a black friday price if I remember last year. Also $239 for the THX 789 amp.

I had the "one" version of this and liked it a lot except for the fit and finish (cheap feeling 6.5mm connector and buttons are flimsy). It's an amazing amp though, basically like the JDS Atom amp on steroids (listening to an Atom stack right now with an SP200 next to it, really couldn't tell the difference except power available).

Last edited:

buzwork

Couldn't find this posted already so I'll throw this out there.

Martin Logan has the Forte amp for $249 (MSRP $599) and the Unison streamer/DAC for $199 (MSRP $399) on sale (likely clearing inventory as they show as discontinued most places).

I picked up the Forte out of curiousity.

weasels

Martin Logan has the Forte amp for $249 (MSRP $599) and the Unison streamer/DAC for $199 (MSRP $399) on sale (likely clearing inventory as they show as discontinued most places).

It would be interesting to see how the Forte measures up to the Echo Link Amp, which as far as I can tell is a very similar device.

buzwork

Klipsch R-15pm powered monitors for $249 via Walmart. They're also available as renewed for $235 at Amazon but looks like they only have a few left at that price.

Optical, phono, RCA, 3.5mm, bluetooth, USB DAC inputs, with sub pre-out. They use 5 way binding posts and are rear ported.

Klipsch discontinued these a while back but it looks like Walmart is blowing them out for $249. I've had a pair since 2017 and they're great for bedroom, office, or other secondary system. Love my set (aside from the ****** remote control). They can easily fill a small office or bedroom. Add a sub (I have a Klipsch HD 6.5" powered sub from an old HD300 5.1 HTIB at the moment) and it's a very solid setup.

One minor annoyance is that the volume resets to very low setting after waking from standby. The DAC is pretty good. Right now I'm using my set in the garage connected optically to a Belkin SoundForm Connect and stream via Airplay 2. They've also served as desktop computer speakers but are a bit big for that application.

Link to PDF manual for additional details. Quite a few reviews out there and most are very positive.

R-15PM-Connections-Amplification-2001x1125.jpg

Freeway

Just ordered one. Free shipping. No Tax.
For son's bedroom.
I think the ARC plus AirPlay/DTS made me do it.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It would be interesting to see how the Forte measures up to the Echo Link Amp, which as far as I can tell is a very similar device.

It’s a modernized version of the Paradigm PW Link measured here. Modernized because it supports a real streaming platform (AirPlay, though unfortunately not AirPlay 2) and not just that Play-Fu or whatever clown show

buzwork

Is this a good deal?

Honestly, most local dealers can and will sell below Revel's MAP if you give them a call. I'd find a local dealer and see what they can do for you. I got new/sealed Performa3 (one level above Concerta2 series) M105 standmounts for a steep discount (>30% off).

(Love the walnut finish available for the Performa3 and up lines... gorgeous.)

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Renewed Sennheiser HD560S at Amazon for $139.95. Plus a 15% off coupon, which brings them down to $119

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Creative Labs has the Soundblaster G6 in stock (almost always out of stock) for $99 with shipping and 90 day warranty. I bought one last time and I don't think they charged sales tax. I lined out one to a Magni Heresy and kept the volume at 79% like recommended here and in direct mode it sound great. The 5.1 mode is best for gaming, the 7.1 sounded pretty shoddy. Compared to other $99 DACs you get a lot for the money though, amp is good for most stuff.
The AE-5 is $79 also, have one of those in the downstairs computer and it's nice too, those will go in any slot, not just the short PCI-E ones.
Adorama has the HE-560 open box for $209
I've had them, be packing some heat in the amplifier department...
They also have the HE6se for $555 open box. Again, have an amp that can power a lighthouse. 83.5db efficiency(!)
Focal Elegia still at $399 I have a pair behind me and they're really nice for a closed back where there's not a lot to pick from.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Creative Labs has the Soundblaster G6 in stock (almost always out of stock) for $99 with shipping and 90 day warranty. I bought one last time and I don't think they charged sales tax. I lined out one to a Magni Heresy and kept the volume at 79% like recommended here and in direct mode it sound great. The 5.1 mode is best for gaming, the 7.1 sounded pretty shoddy. Compared to other $99 DACs you get a lot for the money though, amp is good for most stuff.
The AE-5 is $79 also, have one of those in the downstairs computer and it's nice too, those will go in any slot, not just the short PCI-E ones.
Adorama has the HE-560 open box for $209
I've had them, be packing some heat in the amplifier department...
They also have the HE6se for $555 open box. Again, have an amp that can power a lighthouse. 83.5db efficiency(!)
Focal Elegia still at $399 I have a pair behind me and they're really nice for a closed back where there's not a lot to pick from.
Nice deal on the G6! I've also found if very good for gaming as well as music listening, but I've not noticed any problems with virtual 7.1 surround sound.
Have a go at using the following 7.1 speaker test to fine tune your surround settings (surround 0-100) so that all the virtual speakers sound like they are coming from the correct position:
And here's a thread where we talk about it:

Top Bottom