• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef to announce new products?

Jukebox

Kef just posted on their Facebook page that in October, to celebrate their 60 years anniversary, exciting things will follow.
Maybe the Reference Meta or who knows what goodies are prepared for us.

Screenshot_20211002_125356.jpg

andrewngu

Darn. I just ordered the Reference 3’s. They should be arriving in 3 days.

Ata

Forum Donor
Maybe LS60? ✌️

Reactions: 777

andrewngu

Wonder if they’ll go to a matte cabinet, similar to the LS50 meta as well.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Darn. I just ordered the Reference 3’s. They should be arriving in 3 days.
Me too! LOL. It's all good :cool:
I don't think KEF will "touch" the reference line for another year and if they do, they will be most likely more expensive.
Just look at the B&W price increase. I also don't think they will just update it with metamaterial only.
Most likely they will change their appearance as well. Time will tell...

andrewngu

Nice, which color did you get? My white / ice blues would match my white R3’s which I could choose to group together for surround at some point in my living room, making space for a pair of Reference 5 metas in my listening room…it all works out…

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Come on guys. You know they are coming out with a competitor to the Polk T50. It will be an extra $30 cause it is a KEF product. Now that I have planted this seed in your minds, enjoy the nightmares!! LOL!

bo_knows

Nice, which color did you get? My white / ice blues would match my white R3’s which I could choose to group together for surround at some point in my living room, making space for a pair of Reference 5 metas in my listening room…it all works out…
Copper Black Aluminum. They will not match with anything else I got but this is the ONLY color scheme for me ;)
Btw, congratulations on your purchase! It was a long time coming for me.

Jackpine

Could be new subwoofers they've had a special on the Kubes in September.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think KEF will "touch" the reference line for another year and if they do, they will be most likely more expensive.
Just look at the B&W price increase. I also don't think they will just update it with metamaterial only.
Most likely they will change their appearance as well. Time will tell...
Maybe some bargains to be had. The OG Reference speakers won't be one whit less performative if KEF introduces a Meta Reference series.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A larger version of the LS50 with like 8inch woofer could be endgame for me, not gonna lie.
An 8 inch coaxial driver would not work. The woofer would interfere with the tweeter too a far greater degree than the 5 inch one. Better to set sights on the Ref 3, hopefully updated with the Meta treatment,.

GDK

Forum Donor
The entire R series is newly on sale at retailers here in Canada, with savings from C$500 (R3) to C$1200 (R11).

Top Bottom