• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir's TODO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grave

You listed the NuForce uDAC-3 DAC/Amp twice. :p

Please do review that though so I can lmfao at the measurements because NuForce "designs by ear."

Wombat

Master Contributor
You listed the NuForce uDAC-3 DAC/Amp twice. :p

Please do review that though so I can lmfao at the measurements because NuForce "designs by ear."

11841363393_f34fb80d2c_b2.jpg

o_O

Olli

Forum Donor
Thanks Amir, I overlooked it. Would you be interested in reviewing the DDRC 22 D or SHD (when it is available) if I send you one?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm when do you expect to finish the measurements of the Cavalli Tube Hybrid (CTH)?
Very soon. Was hoping to get another tube amp to compare to it but the bloody mail person left a note saying we were not home to sign for it, even though we were. Grrrr. :(

Conor Brennan

Very soon. Was hoping to get another tube amp to compare to it but the bloody mail person left a note saying we were not home to sign for it, even though we were. Grrrr. :(

That's annoying. Mail people near me are pretty good about it. Excited to see the results! I've been using it for about a month now and it sounds great to me.

PuX

I get the idea, but I am more curious about how CTH compares against JDSLabs O2 - it has no tubes but instead it has a good reputation and can be configured to similar price (RCA inputs, 1/4 headphone jack, power on back and boom, ~$200).

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I get the idea, but I am more curious about how CTH compares against JDSLabs O2 - it has no tubes but instead it has a good reputation and can be configured to similar price (RCA inputs, 1/4 headphone jack, power on back and boom, ~$200).
Ah OK. That makes it easier. Let me see if I can put some effort behind that in the next day or two.

Reactions: PuX

Grave

I doubt any tube amp is going to measure well, correct me if I am wrong. The O2 is a great little amp. I used it for quite some time.

Olli

Forum Donor
Of course.
Great. Let's see when it will be available - here's some prelim info on that:

Subject: SHD Studio vs Dirac Live DDRC 22 D

JUL 30, 2018 | 01:03PM HKT
Tech support team replied:

Hello Mark,
Thanks for your repeat interest in our products.
From a Dirac Live point of view, the DDRC-22D and SHD studio will be similar. From a feature set point of view, these 2 platforms are obviously very different(front panel, streaming audio, ability to build 2 × 4 DSP configuration for active speaker or multizone or 2.1 setup.. )
They don’t use the same SHARC DSP either (333MHz for DDRC-22D vs 450MHz for SHD Studio) but it all depends on what you’re after. :) THe SHD will come for sale in about 2months I’d think. We’ve just released the manufacturing batch now so are waiting for more details from our manufacturers.
Hoping this info helps.

Best Regards

DevTeam

PuX

I doubt any tube amp is going to measure well, correct me if I am wrong. The O2 is a great little amp. I used it for quite some time.
don't know which tube amp was supposed to be delivered to Amir, but measuring tube amps in general is not very widespread so it's good to see any new measurements, so it will be nice to compare when it does get delivered.

as I understand it, tubes aren't supposed to be neutral. lots of people say tubes aren't as precise as solid-state amps, but they sound better somehow. this never made sense to me, an amp is supposed to be as accurate as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom