• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

Godataloss

1632139775384.png

1632139803999.png
1632139828979.png

Kegemusha

Breaking Bad
Peaky Blinders
Twin Peaks
La casa de papel
You Better call Saul
Vikings
The Returned, (french serie)

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Also, Season 3 of Succession is coming up. Highly, highly recommend the show as well. Season 2 is one of the finest I have ever watched. We started this as soon as we finished VEEP (which is as good as was mentioned) and couldn't believe that the humor and acerbic wit in it, while different, compares to the latter. Jeremy Strong is absolutely brilliant.

View attachment 151408
Thanks for the heads-up, didn't know S3 was coming. I like how it can make you to hate but also feel bad for a certain character at the same time.

gags11

Forum Donor
Nobody mentioned Westworld yet?
Also: Dark (German) better google the family tree at some point or you get lost trying to keep up.
Lastly: Lucifer, not sophisticated but entertaining and you feel for the characters emotionally.

I really enjoyed Dark. Fascinating! Probably my favorite series.

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
I might get HBO again for MoE, I've gone back to watching The Killing on IMDB Tv for free, it wasn't that highly acclaimed but I loved the vibe. Think I might get it on Blu-ray just to see it in its highest quality.
Actually I've been thinking of bringing back the disc service for Netflix, I wonder how much stuff is left on there?
Most of their streaming i've either watched already or just don't really care for.(Except Schiitts Creek) Better Call Saul still doesn't even have the latest season on there.

atsmusic

You didn't really say what you were looking for, but I really enjoyed Better Call Saul.

EB1000

Fahzz

Forum Donor
From the international aisle. Some with subtitles, some without. On either Prime or Netflix.

Fauda
Giri/Hadji
Murphy's Law
Young Wallander
Marseille
Line of Duty
Lupin
The Tunnel
The Fall
Unforgotten
Scott and Bailey
City Homicide
Spiral
Beat
Generation War
Rake
The Straits

Andretti60

I loved Lucifer until the last season, that for me is forgettable, it did not make any sense to me (I don’t say any more because I hate spoilers)

The series that dear wife and I enjoy watching together is The West Wing, we watched it start to end, all episodes, four or five times.

Right now I am watching all the South Korean series that are on Netflix, fascinating, scaring and charming at the same time, a great reliefs from the Hollywood stereotypes.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Foundation.

KR500

"Still Game" from Scotland BBC, we had to use subtitles to help with the brogue
All seasons are great although the first opening episode is weak and it takes til the 3rd episode to get going.
We watched the series 3 times

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
jsqta5ol3ko51-1.jpg

Frasier is pretty good.

JanesJr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am looking for some great TV series suggestion that I will enjoy watching. I'm done with How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girls, and Pretty Little Liars.
You obviously touched a topic that people like to discuss ... almost more than music!

You look youngish in your pic, and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you can adapt to series that go back a little ways.

1. The Wire is the best series ever. It is gritty and gripping on the one hand, but almost Shakespearian in the stories and characters it puts together. The finest, most convincing casting I can recall, matched with finely-detailed, original characters. Razor-sharp writing. Although it centers on the Baltimore police, the stories are utterly original and this is no procedural. Amazing realism; the only thing that is dated is the technology (this is in the early 2000's, when texting was almost unknown.) You have to be able to tolerate doses of urban violence, but the journey is worth it. Way beyond the Sopranos (as good as they were.) This always appears at the top, or very near the top, of best-TV-ever lists, for good cause.

2. I'm a guy, but I love the Gilmore Girls (the original 5 years), which is reputed to be mostly popular with women. Wonderful cast, marvelous writing, funny and touching, razor-sharp dialog. It gains a lot from cultural references that may be getting kind of outdated, but you'll get most of them. This is one of the shows I watch the re-runs over and over when I don't like the new shows.

3. Veronica Mars, especially the first two years, is a coming of age drama where the smart, smart dialog, sharp elbows and humor offset any concern you might have with a genre subject to cliches. Great writers. Kristen Bell is a 90-lb waif of a lead who always grabs attention in the midst of a big, ensemble cast. Nobody could be that sharp and witty, but it's sure fun to watch. A gem, also good for re-runs.

4. Despite my last two recommendations, I am a guy, and the second edition of Battlestar Galactica (early 2000's) was both fun and often great, where the first version (from the 70's or 80's) was corny. Great cast, wild adventure. Whereas Lost was the pioneer of long-arc storylines, it started well but then itself got Lost, because I don't think they knew where it was going when they launched it. BSG came out at about the same time, but the central mystery of the show peels-back like an onion, with the final details of the big reveal coming gradually into focus right up to the last 60 seconds of the show. It wasn't perfect all the way through, and sci-fi always has a little hokum, but the great moments were so much fun, and they had their goal in focus from the start. A classic not to miss if you like Sci-Fi.

Top Bottom