• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My New Album Released Today

Zensō

Major Contributor
Thanks for indulging me here.

My new album is out today on BandCamp and the streaming services. Like my prior releases, jazz-inspired melodic and percussive improvisations layered over ambient soundscapes form the basis of this album. Some of the compositions are also infused with elements drawn from various world music genres, resulting in my most eclectic release to date. I hope you enjoy it, thanks for taking a listen.

https://zenso.bandcamp.com

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I like this Huangshan. Its like breathing the fresh air, on a snowy region in the sun.

I can see the icicles on the trees melting in the sun. And the birds whistle because they feel the warming sun with joy. Flying full of strength and oxygen into the new day.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm listening to it on Qobuz. Ethereal AF.

EB1000

My new album is out today on BandCamp and the streaming services. Like my prior releases, jazz-inspired melodic and percussive improvisations layered over ambient soundscapes form the basis of this album. Some of the compositions are also infused with elements drawn from various world music genres, resulting in my most eclectic release to date. I hope you enjoy it, thanks for taking a listen.

Nice. I was wondering how did your music ended up as "Master quality" on Tidal? Did you actually uploaded HD FLACs or did they did the upsampling and MQA encoding themselves?

OP
Zensō

Zensō

Major Contributor
Nice. I was wondering how did your music ended up as "Master quality" on Tidal? Did you actually uploaded HD FLACs or did they did the upsampling and MQA encoding themselves?
Thank you. I provided 24/44.1 FLAC masters to the distributor, they then processed the files to MQA before submitting to Tidal. The FLACs were distributed to the other services without alteration.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

On the one hand I want to say that this probably belongs under "Desperate Dealers"...

OTOH, I already bought it on Bandcamp because your stuff is great. :p

OP
Zensō

Zensō

Major Contributor
On the one hand I want to say that this probably belongs under "Desperate Dealers"...

OTOH, I already bought it on Bandcamp because your stuff is great. :p
Ha! Yes, Desperate Dealers is definitely more appropriate… :p

Seriously, thanks so much for the support, it really means a lot!

EB1000

Thank you. I provided 24/44.1 FLAC masters to the distributor, they then processed the files to MQA before submitting to Tidal. The FLACs were distributed to the other services without alteration.

So basically they upmixed your original 24bit/44.1kHz into 24bit/96kHz, then downscaled the resolution from original 24bit to 16bit, so they can utilize the extra 8 bits for the useless lossy MQA encoding, which contain the additional non-existent spectrum difference between the original 44.1kHz and the fake 96kkz. All they did is reduced you original 24bits resolution to 16bit, ad added tones of useless inaudible noise. I would sue them for messing up you original master and for misleading you audience by falsely claiming they provide "master quality"

BTW, I've downloaded a sample track from you latest album using the Deezer ripper, and it was 16bit/44.1kHz, so Deezer also reencodes as redbook, but at least they do not claim it's master quality (Deezer player says its HIFI quality). I assume that only Qobuz will leave you original 24/44.1 untouched.

OP
Zensō

Zensō

Major Contributor
So basically they upmixed your original 24bit/44.1kHz into 24bit/96kHz, then downscaled the resolution from original 24bit to 16bit, so they can utilize the extra 8 bits for the useless lossy MQA encoding, which contain the additional non-existent spectrum difference between the original 44.1kHz and the fake 96kkz. All they did is reduced you original 24bits resolution to 16bit, ad added tones of useless inaudible noise. I would sue them for messing up you original master and for misleading you audience by falsely claiming they provide "master quality"

BTW, I've downloaded a sample track from you latest album using the Deezer ripper, and it was 16bit/44.1kHz, so Deezer also reencodes as redbook, but at least they do not claim it's master quality (Deezer player says its HIFI quality). I assume that only Qobuz will leave you original 24/44.1 untouched.
Yes, that sounds correct. But let’s not turn this into a thread about the pitfalls of MQA, OK? :) Thanks…

Bob-23

Great to lean back and dream away - the brilliance and clarity of the recording alone make it a delight listening to it.

pads

Sold!
Lovely album and I added it to the ambient thread. Well done!:)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Wow. It's awesome. And your other albums too!

Do you have small runs of CDs pressed with all the artwork or is it just stream/download with digital artwork?

astr0b0y

Yes artwork is lovely, would make for good presentation CDs in a collection. Love the music too, many thanks. Sitting back on a rare warm spring day here with a sandwich and coffee, ignoring work, listening to your tunes.

Top Bottom