• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Florida Audio Expo Announces 2022 Show Dates

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Tampa, Florida—August 2021—Tampa’s finest audio extravaganza is back for 2022! The third annual Florida Audio Expo is happening February 18–20, 2022 (Friday–Sunday), at the newly refurbished Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore hotel. The show will host the industry’s finest brands in more than 70 exhibit rooms, as well as in a new Marketplace area. Qobuz will return as the official streaming service.

Also new for 2022, the Florida Audio Expo will charge admission: $15 for Friday only, or $30 for all three days; students and spouses will be admitted free of charge, while first responders and military personnel will receive 50% off the ticket price. Consumers can buy tickets directly from the Expo’s website beginning September 18, 2021.

“We are thrilled to have our third annual show at the Embassy Suites Westshore,” said Bart Andeer, co-founder and operations manager of the Florida Audio Expo. “The convenience of being just minutes from the airport and downtown is a bonus for exhibitors and attendees alike. The 2022 show will be an exciting opportunity to once again share our passion for music and sound, and for attendees to experience new audio products from all over the world.”

The Florida Audio Expo is within convenient driving distance to such local attractions as Busch Gardens and the Florida Aquarium, and just an hour’s drive from Walt Disney World.

Please visit www.floridaaudioexpo.com for details. Exhibit space is now available!

beeface

Will you be attending? It’s been a long time since your last show report!

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
February in Florida is Heaven. My son and I will drive the 90 minutes north and be there for my third year. Missed it when it was cancelled last year.

Martin

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Tampa, Florida—August 2021Tampa’s finest audio extravaganza is back for 2022! The third annual Florida Audio Expo is happening February 18–20, 2022 (Friday–Sunday), at the newly refurbished Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore hotel. The show will host the industry’s finest
Announcement is August 2021. Event is February 2022.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
1628552461957.png

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ll be there, I’ve been to both the previous ones as well (say Gene and Stereophile as well).
Sucks about the admission fee though.

students and spouses will be admitted free of charge, while first responders and military personnel will receive 50% off the ticket price.
What about teachers :confused:.
I teach 12th grade students and some wanted to go last year but of course cancelled.

PS Audio is the first quote they show, maybe he’ll actually be demoing his speakers :p.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The show is in February though.
Oh, that is much better! Perfect time to be in Florida then. Hopefully state gets its act together on the pandemic and will be safe to travel then.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I get bored driving more than 3 hours. So 45 hours is a bit much. :) Will have to fly....

Then again, maybe I can do an ASR RV tour of US, taking my time to get there and meeting members along the way.
Google Maps also shows biking:
1857FF88-AA30-48AC-A310-852DCA044D08.png

So if you wanna rent a multi-tandem bike for over a week where fellow ASR members can hop on:
Longest-Bicycle-CVR-1024x450.jpg

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Oh, that is much better! Perfect time to be in Florida then. Hopefully state gets its act together on the pandemic and will be safe to travel then.
It actually is okay to travel here now if you don't mind 90 degrees daily. Pandemic wise, while businesses typically are advising unvaccinated to mask up it is not a requirement like last year. Hospitals and medical offices are mask up for all - has not changed since that started last year. One thing that has changed in the last 2 weeks is voluntary indoor masking on the rise in response to the current wave of infections. Will it be over by February? Good question.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Those of us going should try to setup a meet.
We have quite a few regular members living in FL

Sucks about the admission fee though.
$15 ? We pay close to twice that for a decent album download.
Besides teachers make a bundle today, can I offer you some cheese with that whine. :p

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Those of us going should try to setup a meet.
We have quite a few regular members living in FL

$15 ? We pay close to twice that for a decent album download.
Besides teachers make a bundle today, can I offer you some cheese with that whine. :p

I don’t like acting entitled, but isn’t the expo one big advertisement for all the companies involved? Why should the customers pay for the adds? Little absurd don’t you think?

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t like acting entitled, but isn’t the expo one big advertisement for all the companies involved? Why should the customers pay for the adds? Little absurd don’t you think?
Eh, if you want to go and pay $15 then go, if not, then don't. Seems simple to me.

I mean you pay for movie ticket, right? What's the difference really?

Where else can you pay $15 and hang out with audio wankers for a full day, kick equipment racks then proceed to home and be happy with what you own?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I mean you pay for movie ticket, right? What's the difference really?
Exactly, where else can you go to hear a 1/2 to 1 million dollar or more rig?
I've always had a ball at the show's, more than worth the slight donation to me.
I'll be wearing a "Sal1950" name tag again this year, I've built myself a bit of a reputation on the web over the years. LOL

ferrellms

Tampa, Florida—August 2021—Tampa’s finest audio extravaganza is back for 2022! The third annual Florida Audio Expo is happening February 18–20, 2022 (Friday–Sunday), at the newly refurbished Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore hotel. The show will host the industry’s finest brands in more than 70 exhibit rooms, as well as in a new Marketplace area. Qobuz will return as the official streaming service.

Also new for 2022, the Florida Audio Expo will charge admission: $15 for Friday only, or $30 for all three days; students and spouses will be admitted free of charge, while first responders and military personnel will receive 50% off the ticket price. Consumers can buy tickets directly from the Expo’s website beginning September 18, 2021.

“We are thrilled to have our third annual show at the Embassy Suites Westshore,” said Bart Andeer, co-founder and operations manager of the Florida Audio Expo. “The convenience of being just minutes from the airport and downtown is a bonus for exhibitors and attendees alike. The 2022 show will be an exciting opportunity to once again share our passion for music and sound, and for attendees to experience new audio products from all over the world.”

The Florida Audio Expo is within convenient driving distance to such local attractions as Busch Gardens and the Florida Aquarium, and just an hour’s drive from Walt Disney World.

Please visit www.floridaaudioexpo.com for details. Exhibit space is now available!
I am in Florida for the winter, about 90 minutes away. I just am not interested in shills, charlatans, and suckers for expensive cables and amps. The only exhibitors of interest to me would be TAD and MBL. Now if Genelec, Kii, Dutch&Dutch, Beolab and Revel were there...

Last edited:
Top Bottom