• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

luft262

Polk Audio R500, R600, and or R700 Floor Standing Speakers
Klipsch RP5000F, RP6000F, and or RP8000F Floor Standing Speakers
Pioneer SP FS-52 Floor Standing Speakers
ELAC Debut DF62 Floor Standing Speakers

Polk Audio PSW10 Subwoofer
Polk Audio HTS 10 or 12 Subwoofer
Klipsch Reference or SPL Subwoofers

Polk Audio MC80 Ceiling Speakers

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Those weird Monkey Banana actives are getting pretty popular here, so I'd love to see them measured.

images-2.jpeg

mb-header.jpg

maxresdefault-18.jpg

Gibbon-Serie-Aufmacher2_1_1_1.jpg.png

tuga

Major Contributor
current:

ATC SCM100 ASL (standmount)
Avantgarde Zero
Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 50
Dali Epicon 2 (standmount) and 8
Diapason Dynamis
Dynaudio Confidence 20 (standmount) and 40 or 50
Gradient 1.4
Grimm Audio LS1 (standmount)
Heissman Acoustics DXT-Wave or DXT-Wave-Fusion
JansZen Valentina P8 or A8
Monitor Audio PL100II (standmount) and PL200II or PL300II
PSB Imagine T2 or T3
PSI A-23M (standmount) or A-25M (standmount)
Quad ESL2812 or ESL2912
Yamaha NS-5000 (standmount)

discontinued:

Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5
Elipson 4260
Thiel CS2.7 or CS3.7
Yamaha NS-1000 (standmount)

Vict0r

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Last edited:
H

Hifihedgehog

I had mentioned this request some months ago, and I am hoping in the coming months that @Amir gets a chance to evaluate the Kube Sound Kube4. The manufacturer seemed willing to supply a sample when I asked early on in their Kickstarter campaign but if that fails due to supply constraints, I would be willing to ship over a loaner unit of the two I am receiving as a backer.

Fast forward to today, in Kube Sound’s latest Kickstarter update to backers, they just revealed on-axis tweeter measurements following tuning at SoundHub, taken within SoundHub’s own anechoic chamber.

index.php

The frequency chart looks promising. The volume axis has a 5dB separation per tick mark. I superimposed a target frequency line similar to what Amir does in his on-axis tweeter measurements in his reviews. The bass measurement in particular seems amazingly deep for a speaker of its size. Quoting SoundHub’s submitted analysis:

index.php

Meanwhile, the upper bass to midrange and finally treble (100 Hz to 15 KHz) seems to tightly hug to a +/-2dB tolerance.
index.php

Honestly, if SoundHub’s measurement is accurate, the Kube4 is a game changer for portable Bluetooth speakers. And all this is from a battery-powered, self-amplified, Wi-FI and Bluetooth-connected unit with an MSRP of $599 and a Kickstarter price as low as $359 (super early bird).

The manufacturer also claims exceptionally low THD and noise levels, and also very high output levels:

index.php

index.php

I am dying to see and hear just how much it lives up to the hype!

H

Hifihedgehog

I had mentioned this request some months ago, and I am hoping in the coming months that @Amir gets a chance to evaluate the Kube Sound Kube4. The manufacturer seemed willing to supply a sample when I asked early on in their Kickstarter campaign but if that fails due to supply constraints, I would be willing to ship over a loaner unit of the two I am receiving as a backer.

Fast forward to today, in Kube Sound’s latest Kickstarter update to backers, they just revealed on-axis tweeter measurements following tuning at SoundHub, taken within SoundHub’s own anechoic chamber.

index.php

The frequency chart looks promising. The volume axis has a 5dB separation per tick mark. I superimposed a target frequency line similar to what Amir does in his on-axis tweeter measurements in his reviews. The bass measurement in particular seems amazingly deep for a speaker of its size. Quoting SoundHub’s submitted analysis:

index.php

Meanwhile, the upper bass to midrange and finally treble (100 Hz to 15 KHz) seems to tightly hug to a +/-2dB tolerance.
index.php

Honestly, if SoundHub’s measurement is accurate, the Kube4 is a game changer for portable Bluetooth speakers. And all this is from a battery-powered, self-amplified, Wi-FI and Bluetooth-connected unit with an MSRP of $599 and a Kickstarter price as low as $359 (super early bird).

The manufacturer also claims exceptionally low THD and noise levels, and also very high output levels:

index.php

index.php

I am dying to see and hear just how much it lives up to the hype!
EDIT: Here is their email if they haven't already reached out:

[email protected]

Kennyknetter

It's probably gotten mentioned umpteen times by now... but the Danley SH50 would be cool.... or any Danley speaker for that matter!

D!sco

This isn't so much a request for a specific speaker, but I miss the individual driver responses in speaker reviews. It was helpful for learning about resonances, crossovers, and where directivity errors come from.

Rayman30

Forum Donor
Swans or Edifiers would be nice.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This isn't so much a request for a specific speaker, but I miss the individual driver responses in speaker reviews. It was helpful for learning about resonances, crossovers, and where directivity errors come from.
You mean take them apart and measure the driver? Because I already show the near-field response which shows most of that.

D!sco

You mean take them apart and measure the driver? Because I already show the near-field response which shows most of that.
No, I'm talking about the nearfield responses. I'm thinking of the KEF LS50 Meta review and a few others I can't name off the top of my head where I couldn't see the tweeter/woofer measurements separately. Is it because you measured the KEF coax from the same point?

EDIT: The one I really didn't understand was the lack of nearfield component measurements of the Monoprice THX 365IW. It was an interesting design and I certainly would've liked to see how they set up the 3.5-way. This was one of the most interesting parts of your measurements vs. other measurements I've seen, and I believe contributes greatly to design and discussion, instead of just looking at the sum.

Thanks for all the great content, by the way.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Top Bottom