• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Starkrimson® Ultra Amplifier Modules -- 250/500W into 8/4ohm

David_M

It seems your forums have grown quiet, unfortunately. One way to liven them up again is to send a unit for review to Amir, not to validate your data, but to expose your name, company, and products to the whole ASR forum.

OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
It seems your forums have grown quiet, unfortunately. One way to liven them up again is to send a unit for review to Amir, not to validate your data, but to expose your name, company, and products to the whole ASR forum.

Happy to.

I have sent him many messages without any response. I believe he will not review my products because I post my own measurements and he is all about getting measurements for products where they are not avaialble.

dronepunk

Well that’s a shame. To me this would be vindication to all the naysayers.
All I can say is this amp is the quietest amp I’ve had in my system so far. I am very happy.
I bought a 3rd module for my center channel.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert

Zabloc

finally got my modules :) and now the tests ...
the first impression is verry impressive :)
i will let it work for a couple of days to see if anything will change and a test with and without Line Filter. Then little interior cosmetics etc.

Attachments

• 20210820_123815.jpg
    20210820_123815.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 20210820_123838.jpg
    20210820_123838.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 20210820_123851.jpg
    20210820_123851.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 20210820_123904.jpg
    20210820_123904.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 284

David_M

i will let it work for a couple of days to see if anything will change and a test with and without Line Filter. Then little interior cosmetics etc.

Nice ! ... why the extra caps on the header?

Zabloc

it’s an option if you want towards Leo
I quote Leo "I have had multiple requests about adding additional rail capacitance to the amplifier. Based on my listening and testing the low-frequency response is slightly improved (subjective) and the performance of the amplifier is slightly better at 50W of output power and up. "

Zabloc

like this at first,
I have a Parasound HINT 6 integrated amplifier, I know they are not in class but when I connect these monoblocks to my KEF R7, Parasound goes on sale :)
the difference is how to describe it, when I go back to HINT 6 as if I put the thick bag over the speakers, so much difference, and I can't even talk about the texture in the bass area.
when i ordered these modules i wasn't sure (cat in bag concept) but when i first turned them on i couldn't believe it
all in all in a week or two I will send Leo my detailed observation along with pictures of the finished amps

David_M

About 1.5 to 2dB improvement in THD+N at power levels of 50+ watts

This is huge! Are you going to respin your boards to accommodate this extra capacitance? What are the rail values BTW (if it's not a secret)? :)

It seems to me that more capacitance = less distortion, just like it is when filtering the reference voltage pin in ADC and DAC chips.

OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Audio Company
This is huge! Are you going to respin your boards to accommodate this extra capacitance? What are the rail values BTW (if it's not a secret)? :)

It's not a secret. The rails are +/-40V most people use the Hypex SMPS1200A100 which provides this voltage. Since these modules are for DIY and not everybody will use the hypex supply the caps may or may not be needed depending on the other power supply used. I may get away from using the Hypex supply myself and just do the old-fashioned toroid transformer--> full bridge rectifier --> large cap.

Also, all of my posted measurements are without the caps.

Zabloc

I have one question so if someone can help me, I need a balanced Line router/input selector so I can easily switch my stereo and HT, all in all I need something according to the scheme in the picture, does anyone have any suggestion, it could be DIY

Attachments

• line router.png
    line router.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 133
OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Audio Company

David_M

Happy to.

I have sent him many messages without any response. I believe he will not review my products because I post my own measurements and he is all about getting measurements for products where they are not avaialble.

@amirm, would it be possible to review these new DIY class D amp modules, as you did for the Purifi units?

JustD

Very excited to see your build. I am looking forward to making MonoBlocks out of these boards as you have. Can you please post you impressions about the amps. Is the SS "box" on the side just after the Mains a hum eliminator?

Top Bottom