• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sold my first high end IEM to a friend. Feels like part of me is gone.

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ever feel like something was a part of you, a good conversation starter, or something you really cherished because it was the first of its kind, you saved for years for it, or you made it?

Just sold my JH Audio Lola to a friend for cheap, and it feels odd no longer having it. I didn't use it very often since getting speakers I really like, but it was a nice thing to have and many people who are into audio have enjoyed testing them out and talking about gear, and now I don't have it.

In the end though maybe it's for the better. More convenience would be great, and my ears are annoyed being plugged too long. An audiologist pushed in too hard once on my right ear and though hearing is fine, it made the tube that goes to the throat open to easily and when things get too warm and stuff has been in my ear too long it makes popping noises and is annoying.

Maybe in a few years there will be something like the Dan Clark Stealth that I can afford that supports bluetooth, noise cancelling, and Atmos... I'd even sacrifice some sound quality for it these days.

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
A part of you is gone with the iems to your friend…your earwax:)

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
It kinda does that especially you sold it for cheap and to a friend. I did the same with a pair of TF10.

OP
stevenswall

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A part of you is gone with the iems to your friend…your earwax:)

Ha. They were well cleaned and all of the eartips were still brand new.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I have done that a LOT with stuff over the years. Speakers, receivers and guns, lots of guns. But I like getting the old stuff out of the apartment and the new stuff coming in. Right now I want a new SVS PB-2000 Pro or PB 3000 but my current sub is relatively new (2 years) and works fine especially in an apartment. Plus I would like to get some new speakers that are bookshelf size. Also, if I win the lotto in Florida I'd like the Dan Clark Stealth headphones. The list just keeps growing!

I try to pay it forward to people by selling my stuff dirt cheap or giving it away to others just starting out getting their first equipment. Hoarding and selling with greed is the last thing on my mind. Too many greedy people in the world already.

Top Bottom