• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UniPolar

Hypex NCore modules - seem to be a Yea at this point in time.

I may be more a*al than some, but I would not purchase an 'assembled' amp unless they can provide safety certification compliance.. I think it is possible for an assembler to self-certify in some cases .. And they may be exempt, but If they are mum when asked , then I'd say te veo luego .
The other issue is EMI/RFI compliance .. You can see the amounts of fines levied against some violators at the FCC site..
** ASR would do well to distance themselves from any liability for allowing businesses to essentially market themselves here in case the sellers' products are non compliant.
Caveat emptor .

Last edited:

Godataloss

Hypex NCore modules - seem to be a Yea at this point in time.

I may be more a*al than some, but I would not purchase an 'assembled' amp unless they can provide safety certification compliance.. I think it is possible for an assembler to self-certify in some cases .. And they may be exempt, but If they are mum when asked , then I'd say te veo luego .
The other issue is EMI/RFI compliance .. You can see the amounts of fines levied against some violators at the FCC site..
** ASR would do well to distance themselves from any liability for allowing businesses to essentially market themselves here in case the sellers' products are non compliant.
Caveat emptor .
DIYaudio.com better run for their lives then...

Jbrunwa

If you are worried about a Hypex assembled amp, all you need to do is make sure it’s unplugged, open the case and inspect the workmanship. Hypex modules are self contained. if the connections are solid and the (very minimal) wiring is good, and the module mounting and case is good, what’s the issue?

Lawhaus

I have the NC502MP from Audiophonics. Zero hum coming from it, used for a year on LS50’s and now on the big R11. With the R11 the amp can show its competence on high volume :) very satisfied.

RCA-XLR is not ideal. I would get power on pops, but it’s probably the DAC’s fault: SMSL SU8. Just connect rca-rca or xlr-xlr and everything is fine.

For pics.

Defman

After evaluating a number of options, I just put in a 500W X 2 Audiophonics Ncore amp for my L/R speakers. i picked the Ncore over the Purifi strictly on price ($400 less). It comes with switchable inputs and a trigger. Compact, elegant case. It weighs 8 pounds and the size of an elongated shoebox. I do not hear any hum or hiss even when I put my ear next to my KEF CI 5160RL. I did not hear any thump or other noises on turn on. I used a Monoprice RCA to XLR cable and seems to be working just fine. Gain is about 4 db down from prior which was easy to offset with the calibration in my Anthem MRX1120.

Very impressed with the performance and service from Audiophonics. It was shipped with 230V cords and fuse and I replaced them. Company offered a refund of 40 euros for the shipping error which I felt was fair. Definitely an option to consider if you are looking for a prebuilt amp. They offer a number of other configurations in the same form factor from mono blocks to a stereo Purifi.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Re: Hypex. Good enough for Frothingslosh * , umm, I mean... McIntosh. ;)

steevray

Hi
Nobody included the ATI AT500NC
made in the USA.
It's a beast with two torodial transformers. Nothing cheap here.
I have the 8 channel version for home theater. No hum and puts out 200 clean watts into an 8 ohm load.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
total Yeay. come on.

My M22 produces total black hole silence when not playing music. claiming Hypex Ncore has hum or any residual unwanted noise is proven wrong by hundreds of measurements.

But if people's ears can't handle the truth of the recordings they listen to... pick something else that distorts it and more power to you and never apologize if u enjoy it.

Top Bottom