• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$575,000 (Spare Arm Tube Included)

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have an offer on one but will not pay a penny over $500k. Working out a deal for this TT and some solid gold cables to use with it. The cables are a no brained because I can wear them as jewelry when I’m out. Just kidding, I wouldn’t buy this or gold cables, ever if i won the lotto twice.

You have to think these guys only make one of these TTs at this price. I was going to say they sell one at this price but they probably don’t sell any. It’s got to be to greats some buzz and let them sell $50k TTs which are cheap by comparison. Or maybe I’m not traveling in these circles. My friends think I’m nuts when we talk about gear in “normal” price ranges. The guys who can afford this one probably feel the same way about us. I can’t imagine there are many guys who can afford this k e.

The price of this TT is peanuts, it's not even a consideration for many people.

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Makes the ClearAudio Statement look like a bargain at $225K - which includes their $16,500 Goldfinger cartridge. It is obvious to me that products such as these won't be purchased by the average audiophile. Turntables will always be more expensive than mass produced CD players - unless they are junk. The nature of the mechanics and lower production numbers drive the price. Back in 1987 I purchased a Merrill Heirloom table with a Microseiki arm and Garret Brothers P77 MM cartridge used for $1500. List price was $3000 at the time. That was a lot of money to me at that time yet it represented a good value from years of service. The AC motor controller failed 3 years ago and I converted it to 33 1/3 speed only. I have a new table now that total package lists for $5750 - Clearaudio Performance DC, VTA Lifter, Satisfy Carbon tonearm, and Hana SL cartridge. I was able to find a "bargain" that I was happy with. Performance of both of these tables are similar when compared - quiet backgrounds with any noise present dependent on quality of any given record. Good recordings on undamaged vinyl are a pleasure to listen to and I have sufficient vinyl of that category to choose from. Keeping the turntable simple but with good quality where it counts - think bearings, plinth, quiet drive, and a good quality arm and cartridge - will result in long term reliability. All the fancy bells and whistles of the Zero table is asking for trouble down the road, but that probably won't matter to the type of individual buying one.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
meh.
go for the gusto.

https://oswaldsmillaudio.com/k3

1630413850672.png

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nah, I’ll keep my Linn Axis.
IMG_2098.JPG

Karu

Forum Donor
They don’t care how many they sell. Classic marketing tactic to change the reference for other products offered and make the other models they actually want to sell “reasonable” - like the Air Force One Premium ($145,000) - a steal at quarter of the flagship price…

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I think the concept of SINAD is irrelevant to vinyl, or tape for that matter as neither would measure anywhere near digital, so measuring them, or speculating what those meaasurements would be is a waste of time. Still, its remarkable how good both can sound in spite of the limitations.

Its unfortunate that the audio market has segmented to the point where some manufacturers have a business model of selling just a handful of very expensive products for ridiculous amounts of money. Its really sad actually, and sad to realize that bling can count for more than actual utility. :(

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
View attachment 150951
1. Looks kinda resonant to me! :rolleyes: (as in: "I know! I'll take an organ pipe, slice it to a convenient length, and put a turntable on it!")
2. Looks like something the late Pierre "Mapleshade" Sprey might've done. :rolleyes:
http://www.mapleshadestore.com/
I thought about Pierre when I first saw a picture of one of these - which reminds me I have a lot of his brass weights and speaker feet to sell....
Kuzma has a couple of interesting you tube video's of their manufacturing. Part one below - I think that will dispel the organ pipe reference....

Jimshoe

Top Bottom